T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was researching blanks and found the Hanes Beefy 6.1oz shirt. Has anyone had any experience with them? I was going to go with Gildan 6.1oz for cost reasons, but I want to hear what other people have to say before I decide.

Thank-you!

·
Administrator
14,874 Posts
The Gildan and the Beefy T are the two most popular 6.1 oz heavyweight tees. The first shirt I ever had printed in 1976 was a beefy T. :) Dang I'm old

The Beefy T is a ringspun cotton, so it is more expensive than the Gildan. You can't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
938 Posts
You cannot go wrong with a Hanes Beefy-T if that's what your market calls for, or you want to provide to your market.

I have a couple of older Beefy-Ts and they feel thick. Someone mentioned in another thread, however, that Beefy-Ts are not as thick as they used to be and that there are two types of Hanes Beefy-Ts. One has a white tag, the other has a black one.

My suggestion? Order a Hanes 6.1oz Beefy-T and Gildan 6.1 oz tee in your size to wear and compare.

What I find surprising in hot climates that people still like wearing thick, weighty tees instead of thin ones.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The Beefy T's are softer because they are ringspun cotton and should get softer with age. I like Gildan but they tend to be quite 'hard/rough' compared to Beefy and I recently noticed a Gildan I have been wearing for 9 months has different size sleeves on it! The right is longer and wider than the left!

Lee

·
Registered
347 Posts
The Beefy T's are softer because they are ringspun cotton and should get softer with age. I like Gildan but they tend to be quite 'hard/rough' compared to Beefy and I recently noticed a Gildan I have been wearing for 9 months has different size sleeves on it! The right is longer and wider than the left!

Lee
:) I'm sorry, that made me chuckle. We ordered Gildan 2000's once and got shirts of all the same size, but the length of the shirt was different on each one. Noticeably different (as in INCHES).

But other than that one time, we've had no complaints from the Gildan shirts. We only do the Beefy's when requested, but when we do, they wear very well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank-you for the info. I think, since I decorate women's and girl's shirts, the softer, the better. Besides, being a woman myself, I know women's clothing doesn't always hold up as well, so I think the longevity of beefies might be a selling point. I am doing some shirts to sell for charity, so I might use the Gildans for those so the Humane Society gets more $;)

A good day decorating T-shirts can help you forget a bad day at work:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Remember thicker is not always better. A dark color Beefy Tee in a hot climate with a lot of plasisol on it is a death sentence for the poor sucker that has to wear it. I was working for a company that was having our business make new shirts because there original order shirts were too hot for the employees to wear 8 hours a day outdoors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts