T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three years ago, I purchased about 10 XXL White Hanes Beefy-T t-shirts at a thrift store that were knew and had some obscure company's logo on them. They were 100% pre-shrunk cotton of Made in USA components/Assembled in Mexico and were so soft, strong, durable and tight around the neck. I loved them. They were my everyday wear around the house and sleep in t-shirt. It's amazing how well they held up wash after wash and the beck was nice and tight fitting without losing its form and the cotton was so soft. There was hardly any shrinkage too.

Well I wore those shirts out and in the past two months have come across a couple different new Hanes Beefy T's, but have been disappointed. I've also found they are more difficult to come across. I bought a Hanes Beefy-T with a black tag that said Hanes Beefy-t instead of the the regular all white one. It was made in El Salvador. It shrunk considerably and the neck is not tight fitting after just one wash. I also bought a old white tag Beefy-t that was Made in USA, Assembled in Jamaica, not stitched on the inside shoulder and it shrunk a lot, although the neck was tight afterwards.

Now I'm a little disappointed with Hanes Beefy-t and wonder if I will ever find those awesome Made in USA/Assembled in Mexico shirts again? Does inside stitching, color of tag, where it was made have a big impact on quality?

I'm not a t-shirt seller, just a frequent wearer of t-shirts.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Were a screen printer and I agree with you FOL & Haynes has come down in fit and constancy. Try a Gildan there also made in many country's but the quality control seems to be consistent.
John

PS Keep buying Tee-Shirts...lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts