T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every since I installed my new printhead I've had a slight red/orange halo around any printed design. Its most noticeable with black parts of the design, but can be seen on all prints. It only shows up above the design, never below or to the sides.

Here is a picture showing the halo around a black design. Notice its only on top of it.

Things I've already done in an attempt to correct the problem:

Print Head Alignment in Driver Software
Bi-D alignment in Epson Adjustment software
Entered new Print head ID in Epson Adjustment Software

Replaced Encoder Strip
Cleaned Encoder Sensor Wheel

I'm beginning to think I got a dud print head. Other problems that may be associated with this problem are
-Vertical alignment issues between the white underbase and colour layers (but its a 1mm-2mm gap at the bottom of designs)
- Massive amounts of red ink deposits around the inside of the printer. more so then any other print head I've owned. After a few days the ribbon cables and encoder strips are covered in a fine mist of red ink that needs to be cleaned on a regular basis.

Apart from that. Nozzle checks are 100%, bi-d alignment test looks pretty much spot on. The only think I haven't been able to do is any sort of vertical alignment? If there is a way to test/adjust vertical alignment I'd love to hear it.

This is probably most persistent problem I've had with the Kiosk2 in 3 years of ownership. Can't wait to upgrade to the Viper!

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
anyone? any ideas? :(

Try cleaning the yellow sheet under your shirt tray. This sheet is what the printer rollers are contacting to move your shirt holder tray in and out. If there's dirt on the sheet the rollers slip as a shirt is beginning to be printed. There is a possibility this may be the cause of your problem. Even if it is not, it does not hurt to do the cleaning as maintenance anyway. I have attached instructions below (for T-Jet 2 printer but applies the same for the Kiosk).

Harry
Equipment Zone

Attachments

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave, I've been using the Epson Adjustment program (the one where you can enter print head rank ID, alignment etc), and the bi-d test were pretty aligned. I haven't done any of the other test though as I'm not sure what they did/do.

Harry, I actually replaced the board about 2 months ago because the old one was sagging and very worn out. It doesn't seem to have affected any of the alignment issues (especially the whiteunderb+colour alignment). I'm thinking I may have to clean the roller itself?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts