T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased T-Seps and FilmMaker so that I can print simulated process designs. I am having trouble getting my halftones dark enough to burn the screens. Does anyone have any experience with FilmMaker and halftones? I need help!
Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I just purchased T-Seps and FilmMaker so that I can print simulated process designs. I am having trouble getting my halftones dark enough to burn the screens. Does anyone have any experience with FilmMaker and halftones? I need help!
Thanks so much!!
Visible light is irrelevant.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would suggest printing a film with a range of frequency percentages. This works better with most spot colors and not so much for black.
For instance, Make 10 1" x1" squares and fill them with a single color like orange. Then change the percentages of the orange in each block.
100%, 90%, 80%... and so on. then you just have to print them at different dpi, (dots per inch) to see what dpi looks best at each percentage.
You may have to do the same test a few times to find which dpi works best for what you are looking for. For my needs I usually find that about
45 to 55 dpi works best.
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts