T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, someone saw my Illustrator version and asked if it could be done with photoshop, so now I'll share my photoshop version as well...

Let's get started!

click the pics below to see them larger

1. Open your photo or image

2. Select Image > Mode > Grayscale

3. Then Convert the image again, this time to Bitmap

4. Now a dialog will pop up
set the dialog to 300 (i find that best on my inkjet, experiment a bit to see whats best for you)

5. After that, a second dialog will popup
This time set the lpi to 35 (i use 35 on 110 mesh, general rule of thumb is 3.5 divided by your mesh count) and in the lower menu select "Halftone Screen"

6. SCORE! and there you have it! Inkjet Halftones in Photoshop!

· Registered
4,816 Posts
I don't do screen printing but would like to get into it someday. I see that it is used it with gray scale image. How can it be used for separate color halftones for RGB or CMYK image to burn three or more color screens?

Thanks.

· Registered
47 Posts
OK, someone saw my Illustrator version and asked if it could be done with photoshop, so now I'll share my photoshop version as well...

Let's get started!

set the dialog to 300 (i find that best on my inkjet, experiment a bit to see whats best for you)

This time set the lpi to 35 (i use 35 on 110 mesh, general rule of thumb is 3.5 divided by your mesh count) and in the lower menu select "Halftone Screen"

Where does the 3.5 variable come from? Do you round off your answer to the highest LPI? So considering the math, to determine the mesh count that you would need to do a 75 LPI, would you multiply LPI X 3.5 = Mesh Count?

· Registered
4 Posts

Let's get started!

Hi. I'm going to screenprint b&w photography on black fabric using white color. Do I have to invert the picture? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I'm going to screenprint b&w photography on black fabric using white color. Do I have to invert the picture? Thanks in advance.
I had to invert parts of an image for it to work. I had flames and then a face, I had to invert the flames for them to show up right because they are really bright and obviously won't show up.

If you want the image to be black then you would invert it to ink just the "shadows", if you want the image to be in white you leave it that way. So like:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.