T-Shirt Forums banner

Halftone Printing

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  tpitman 
#1 ·
When printing halftones in Corel 13, what are my print settings?

Frequency
Angle
LPI

#2 ·
When printing halftones in Corel 13, what are my print settings?

Frequency
Angle
LPI
when printing one should always use at least a 300 dpi image.....I use the same angel on my films...some would say to use different angles but I use the same (22.5) on all my screens and have no problems.

as far as lpi...the mesh you are using will determain what lpi you should use....to find out what lpi to use divide the screen mesh by 5 ..this will give you your lpi..for example ..useing a 230 mesh screen .......230 / 5 = 46 , so on a 230 screen you should use a 45 lpi..also with halftones you should use at least a 196 or higher.

Inked

#11 ·
When trying to calculate an exposure time without something like a Stouffer scale, or doing a step-wedge test, if you need more exposure, double your time. If it's still too little, double it again. If you get too much, then split the difference between the last two times.
This is pretty much how photographic processes are worked out. Kinda like f-stops on a camera.
On the other hand, the $7 or so you'll spend on a Stouffer scale will speed up the process exponentially.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.