T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems printing halftones. I use Corel X3, an Epson R1800, FastInk, and FastRip software. The film I use is the ULANO Inkjet Pigment Waterproof film. When printing halftones in a design, almost as soon as the film comes out of the printer, the halftone dots start to "brown" or wick running into other dots. Anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this? I can print designs without halftones and they print out just fine. The browning or wicking just seems to be with halftones, so I can't help but think I'm doing something wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree with Jimbo, make sure that you are printing on the correct side. Normally Inkjet waterproof film has a side I call sponge side because it acts like a sponge once the ink comes down to it, it automatically absorb the ink which cause the ink to be dry to touch even after it comes out of the printer. The correct side on this is normally the sticky side, if you moist your finger a bit and touch both sides, you would feel that the other side is a bit sticky, this tells you that it is the print side and the other side is smooth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts