T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so confused! I have a logo that was sent to me in a high res. I do my color seps in Corel. This particular logo has what seems to be a very simple halftone. However, I cannot get it to wash out. I am losing too much of it. I have all my settings in Corel set to default. Should I change this? My Freq. is 80 and angle is 45. I have seen discussions re: lpi I have no idea where I should even make that adjustment.

UGHH! any help would be appreciated!:confused:

· Registered
2,003 Posts
80 lpi is way to high for screen printing...the dots are so small no matter what mesh you use the mesh cannot hold the small dot...try decreasing you lpi to around 50 or 55 at most.

are you printing on a manual press or automatic....if auto then you can probably get away with 60 or 65 at most.......what mesh count screens are you using? to find out what lpi to use divide the mesh count by 5 ..this will give you the correct lpi to use .

also do not use 45 for an angle....try 22.5

Inked

· Registered
1,232 Posts
A 156 or higher for a sharp print with a fine halftone dot.
The Xante is not a postscript printer. You will need a postscript printer driver (many use HP 4MV) or if you are using Corel you should have a "device independent postscript file". Google ghostscript and download the proper version. There are versions for PC and Mac. Also download ghostview. In the postscript printer driver you can set lpi and angle. Check print to file. This will save the design as a .prn file. Open the file in ghostview and print from there. When you get to that point, I can give further help to print the design.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for your help. Where do I go to change these settings? Sorry for my ignorance what is a post script printer? I bought this Xante thinking that was the answer to my problems... I am obviously new to this. We are manually printing right now.

· Registered
1,232 Posts
A postscript printer has the capability to print halftone dots. Unless it is a postscript printer it will on print lighter or darker shades. These will not properly expose a screen.
Download the driver for the HP 4mv from the HP website. After you download and install the 4MV driver, it will appear in your print dialogue box as a printer. You aren't going to print with it, just set lip and angle.
Google ghostscript and it will give you sites for downloading. This is the site most people use.

Obtaining GPL Ghostscript 8.64 - GSview 4.9 - GPL Ghostscript 8.71
pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/ - Cached - Similar

· Registered
1,534 Posts
Thank you so much for your help. Where do I go to change these settings? Sorry for my ignorance what is a post script printer? I bought this Xante thinking that was the answer to my problems... I am obviously new to this. We are manually printing right now.
I have a Xante' Screenwriter 3 at my home. It's postscript level 3. It's a dinosaur. I'd be surprised if your Xante' is not a postscript printer. But yes you need to set the lines per inch and angles in the separations dialog to get proper halftones as has been pointed out above. If I'm correct and your Xante' is indeed postscript, then you should already have the drivers you need and there's no need to download anything further.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.