T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am working on a design that will require halftones. the desing will consist of a car in the background with halftones. Names of drivers will be on top of the car in the same color. how do i assign haltones to the car? I am using Corel X4. i will be print the film with FastRip program. on a laser printer. I will use mesh count of 365.
I have searched thru the posts and am still confused.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Mesh count is kind of high. 230-280 should do. Fast Rip only works with certain Epson inkjet printers. You dont need Fast Rip to print to a laser post script printer. You dont need to assign halftones to your art, it's done by the rip or by the post script interpreter for the laser printer.

When you print your separations in Corel, they should be previewing in greyscale. On you options tabs in the print preview you should be able to choose screen angles and frequency for each separated color. If you are able to select screen angles and frequency (lines per inch) you're in business- any greyscale image will be converted to a series of dots based on 0-100% black in your image.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts