T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have 2 Epson L1300 printers. My first printer started to print half of the page in a different tone after a year of using. Lets say I have 2 exact squares a few centimeters apart, I print it and one of them is little lighter than the other. So when I heat press it, they don't match. I sent it to the service and service finally fixed the problem by changing the cable of one of the inks (idk which). While my printer was at service I bought a second one. Barely used. Only 100 pages or so. Its been only 3 months and same problem! Half of the page is different tone. I searched for so long and no one seems to have this problem. Is there anyone who experienced anything like this? I cleaned the head already, ran a test and its fine. But problem continues. Would appreciate any kind of help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I sent it to the service and service finally fixed the problem by changing the cable of one of the inks
Cable of one of the inks??
They are ribbons so I don't see how this is possible.
You can try a new set of ribbons and see if this fixes the problem.
Otherwise do what you did with the other one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cable of one of the inks??
They are ribbons so I don't see how this is possible.
You can try a new set of ribbons and see if this fixes the problem.
Otherwise do what you did with the other one.
I talked to the service guy and he said he changed the cable of the printhead (my bad, i misunderstood him the first time). I will get it fixed again but my problem is what causes this I have no idea!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I talked to the service guy and he said he changed the cable of the printhead (my bad, i misunderstood him the first time). I will get it fixed again but my problem is what causes this I have no idea!
Cracked flex cable obviously.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts