T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if you can use the Roland GX24 to cut the JetPro SofStretch for light color garments? I know it works for the opaque but not about the light colors. Thanks, Connie

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
you cannot contour cut JPSS without a backing sheet. The reason it works with opaque is because there is a backing....to contour cut paper intended for light garments, you will need to have a carrier sheet

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type of carrier paper would one use? You would want to be able to remove the carrier before printing too wouldn't you? I have Port N Company ash with a big image and it turns dark where there is no ink. I don't want to hand trim 30 shirts for a customer. Thanks for the help. Connie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I found a carrier paper that will work. Now my next question. I used Cut Studio but on the attached image it wants to weed out in the letters and part of the paper the boy is holding. I don't need that detail of weeding. How do you get a contour or is this design not able to do that. Thanks, Connie

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have to agree with Charles. You must be using 3G Opaque paper not JPSS.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
This is a great idea, to contour cut this type of paper as well, but I would have to recommend a backing media of some type.

You will end up ruining your cutting strip if you do not use a backing media such as mask.

Also, there are papers such as our Inktra Stretch, that have a powdery printing surface that would make a mess if you tried to cut it on a vinyl cutter.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Not sure why you would want to contour cut JPSS any way. Just trim close with sizzors and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They have to trim these as I mentioned in my eariler post the Ash shirts turn dark where there is no ink and it does not wash out unfortunatly. White is no problem with this paper. Connie

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sorry about that Connie. That's what I get for not reading everything. I have never done it but from what I read here, your best bet is to cut with a carrier sheet. There are different ones out there and I am sure that SOMEONE will chime in about what they use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts