T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all the posts I could find regarding the driver with Vista 64, but and still stuck. Has anyone gotten it to work?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
There currently are no Roland drivers for 64bit vista. I have to run two OS's on my PC one hard drive running 64 bit and the other running 32 bit that way I just boot up in the system I need based on the job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I had just gotten the 64 bit to replace a laptop I have XP on. I didn't know there was a 32 or 64. I sure do now! I was able to return the computer and exchange it for a 32. I am also having them put XP in it.

Terri

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is frustrating I have contacted Roland and they don't seem to care
lfalsetto,
I apologize for your frustration. We do care. The problem with a 64 bit system is that there are no 64 bit softwares to test a driver with. The other problem comes with driver signing. In order to get a driver to pass "Windows Logo Testing" a fee must be paid. In which case the 32 bit driver would work just fine.

Was there a specific reason you bought a 64 bit system over a 32 bit system?

-Dana

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dana,

I teach VB and Excel at the college and we needed faster processing for the online programs that we use. Besides almost all new Vista releases are going to be 64 so may as well take the plunge now. Had I have known this was going to be a problem I would have throttled down Vista but now I have everything set and to go back would be a week of reseting pointers. I was considering purchasing a sp300 but now after these problems I am rethinking my purchase, I wanted an all in one solvent printer for space consideration but now I don't want the frustration. Any idea on an ETA for the 64 bit driver?

Larry

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dana,

Any idea on an ETA for the 64 bit driver?

Larry
Larry,
As I said, until we get a 64 bit vector design software (Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, etc) we can't test a driver at all. I understand your needs for Visual Basic and Excel, but any online programs you use are also in a 32 bit environment.
I regret that you are now rethinking a versacamm because of this, but you won't find any other vector design hardware technology out there that does support 64 bit, so this shouldn't be a complaint against Roland, but rather a complaint against Windows.

-Dana

·
Registered
15 Posts
At present we just implimented Vista 64 bit on 700 colege machines. I understand theat there is one machine that will support the 64 bit environment the M brand. I am going to bring my laptop there to see if it will.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been in touch with Roland, they signed me up for the Beta version of the Vista drivers. I am in the process of trying them, probably this weekend, so they are coming through.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see where you are testing a possible solution to the 64 bit issue. Did you have any success with the beta test. thanks I am very interested in your response.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same issue a couple months ago when I purchased my Roland GX-24. I ended up having to purchase an 'used' computer the xp on it from and IT office for $100. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome will be interested to hear if it works. I will be glad when we can actually upgrade to 64 bit OS which give us some much better performance. thanks for the update.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts