T-Shirt Forums banner

GX-24 Windows 8.1 support?

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Cristian Méndez 
#1 ·
I know Windows 8.1 is a recent update, but does anyone have any experience with it running the Roland Cutstudio? I see on the Roland support website that they do seem to support Windows 8 at least. Anyone with experience with that either? I have the option to upgrade but don't want to mess with a perfectly operational setup. Input/experience appreciated! Thanks.

#2 ·
If anyone else is curious...
I got this from Roland Tech Support this morning:

"Thank you for emailing Tech Support. At this time we have not done any testing with CutStudio working on Windows 8.1 to confirm if there are any issues. I will bring this question to our Product Manager and we will update you as soon as we can."

Looks like it may be in the works at least.

#3 ·
I upgraded to Win 8.1 a day or two after it released and found that when I would send a file to CutStudio, the origin point was in the top left and it wouldn't see my GX-24. I called Roland's support line and talked to a rep there. They told me that there wasn't currently a driver for 8.1 but that it was in development. I asked about a timeframe and all they told me was that it could take up to 3 month's. Ugh!!! That's not what I wanted to hear. Had I known that, I seriously would have considered holding off on the upgrade. I had the Win 8 driver installed but I wasn't able to use it in 8.1. If anyone here see's the new 8.1 driver available or find's that the Win 8 Driver works, I'd be interested to know. I'm checking the Roland Driver page for the GX-24 on a regular bases. I'm currently running CorelDraw X6 with a the CutStudio Plugin (My Win 8.1 is running in Parallels 9 on a Mac running OSX Mavericks). For now my only workaround is to transfer the files to a Win 7 PC via dropbox to cut from. The new driver can't come soon enough.

#9 ·
[QUOTE = "tryplecrown, publicación: 1572273, miembro: 7866"]
Le envié un correo electrónico a Roland hoy y le pedí un estado y recibí una respuesta con un enlace al controlador actualizado para Win 8.1. Lo acabo de ejecutar y estoy de vuelta en funcionamiento. Espero que sea útil para cualquiera que busque un controlador actualizado. Win 8 Ver 1.10 es la versión que funciona con Win 8.1.

enlace a la página del controlador
[/CITA]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.