T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see files attached the first version will be released shortly i was going to not use gutenprint at all but the time needed to create something as gd as gutenprint was to much so i just integrated it into my program

open image

press print get taken to gutenprint

set settings some are automatically assigned

print file is the compiled into a format the printer can read

then my program sends the data to the printer

Need a couple of days testing and i need to intergrate a update feature so its easy for me to tell you people of updates

Not releasing any code at this time but you will recive a installer file and thats it no messing around with files folders blaaaa blaaaa

anyways hope you like and please tell me what features you would like me to intergarte into the next update

Many Thansk

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
underbase is done throught gutenprint it does a adiquate job of it not the best laydown off ink but i have it printing to the best off gutenprints ability

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just so everyone is clear im using gutenprint as the core for the app and i will not ever charge a penny there will be substatial updates as and when i get round to updating gutenprint to the newest version atm i am using a widely available port to windows

and yes it is a standalone app no need for gimp u dont even need it installed the GTK+ installation is intergrated into the app

it will be released as a installer and once installed there will be no messing about with files folders ect i am testing atm with most windows installations but the main os it will work for is vista and above 64 bit is not a problem

there could be some issues if people have installed photoprint or over versions of gutenprint so it might need to be stripped of them apps first

the main app is very crude atm lots of hacks to get it to work its not as stable as i like but beta is beta i have intergrated a update feature so it will check for updates every time you launch it

Many thanks

Rob

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
win xp will be fine with it i have already tried it with xp 32 and 64 vista and 32 and 64 win7 will all work ok

need to get a site up so i can put the first version up will prob be about a week so next saturday

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
ray a few questions do you have any experience in c and linux if so i could do with your help on the rip also where do u live

Many Thanks Rob

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
the basic program is writen in c# i mainly do .net and web development but the main gutenprint sorce is c for the linux system i have no experience in c or linux so looking for someone to help with that side pm me your email adresse i prob would like to pick your bains about some bits and pieces

Many Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
its just ported to windows there is no source code for a windows version and yes you are correct im using a frelly avaliable version of gutenprint what i really want to do is totally bypass the gutenprint interface so you sellect all the settings right in gutenrip main screen

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
i am in contact with the porter to windows and im getting alot of help from him he hasnt realeased and source code apart from the photoshop plugin the gpspooler and img2gpraw code nothing for gprint

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
because of the lack of interest in gutenrip i am no longer going to be supporting it and upgrading it if anyone wants it or wants to take it to the next level i will send u a installer only nothing else give me a few days to get the installer going

Many Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
hey guys sorry been very busy with work and alsorts

i am still tinkering with gutenprint but with no printer any more i cant run tests so its a case of giving the project away its a very simple hack and i have done most of the work on the visal side of things its just the talking with photoprint left to do and yes you heard me right photoprint has a incorperated batch mode witch alows you to send it a image and a file with all the options that you selected in the gui send it them 2 files along with the printer name and it prints

Anyways if anyone would like to take over the project from me i will be happy to give it away to the right person obviously they will need programming skills in c# will only give it away to the right person

email me [email protected]

many thanks

Robert Duller

1 - 15 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.