T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please see files attached the first version will be released shortly i was going to not use gutenprint at all but the time needed to create something as gd as gutenprint was to much so i just integrated it into my program

open image

press print get taken to gutenprint

set settings some are automatically assigned

print file is the compiled into a format the printer can read

then my program sends the data to the printer

Need a couple of days testing and i need to intergrate a update feature so its easy for me to tell you people of updates

Not releasing any code at this time but you will recive a installer file and thats it no messing around with files folders blaaaa blaaaa

anyways hope you like and please tell me what features you would like me to intergarte into the next update

Many Thansk

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good Job! I look forward to see it working. Are you still printing the underbase with gutenprint? Or just the colors?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
underbase is done throught gutenprint it does a adiquate job of it not the best laydown off ink but i have it printing to the best off gutenprints ability

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im also going to add dual cmyk or aquivilant for better color machines white is a pain so im only using color

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Rob, have a question for you, a bit straight ahead but with good reason(s).

What is the final goal of your application ? if succesful then are you going to charge money for it from version X on (x as in undefined yet) or is the goal keeping it free (open source perhaps ?) just as the Gimp and Gutenprint are free applications(/plugin) ?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hey Angel I see you're using oscommerce as the core for your site. What version are you using? I'm developing mine in 2.3.1 then will upgrade some time later.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just so everyone is clear im using gutenprint as the core for the app and i will not ever charge a penny there will be substatial updates as and when i get round to updating gutenprint to the newest version atm i am using a widely available port to windows

and yes it is a standalone app no need for gimp u dont even need it installed the GTK+ installation is intergrated into the app

it will be released as a installer and once installed there will be no messing about with files folders ect i am testing atm with most windows installations but the main os it will work for is vista and above 64 bit is not a problem

there could be some issues if people have installed photoprint or over versions of gutenprint so it might need to be stripped of them apps first

the main app is very crude atm lots of hacks to get it to work its not as stable as i like but beta is beta i have intergrated a update feature so it will check for updates every time you launch it

Many thanks

Rob

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
win xp will be fine with it i have already tried it with xp 32 and 64 vista and 32 and 64 win7 will all work ok

need to get a site up so i can put the first version up will prob be about a week so next saturday

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hey Rob, I have been thinking about the problem with the table return and it can be done by using a switch with release mechanism. I would be glad to help with the design. It all depends on how your dtg is setup.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The general concept is to have a controller circuit that returns the carriage to the home position. This can be done with a circuit that has two sensing switches. One at the home or start position and one at the end position. When the carriage is pushed out by the printer (paper eject). This circuit then senses the eject switch and turn on a relay that power a motor and a gear release mechanism. After sensing the second switch it then drops the power to the relay hence stopping the return motor and reengaging the gear mechanism. The gear mechanism could be a spring release mechanism that moves an engaging gear that meshes with the carriage movement gear and the motor that drives it. There are a few circuits I can think of that will do this (flip-flop circuits) that toggles power to the relay. The design will depend on how your dtg is setup.

I found a circuit that is perfect for the job. I will shoot it over to you.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts