T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is mostly about t-shirt printing, but one of the things we love about our 4800 based machine is the incredible flexibility. This was printed over a precoat using our normal inks (we didn't switch to any solvent inks) and topcoated with seven coats of water based high gloss guitar finish.

Sorry about the inaccurate date on the photos.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We picked up the guitar at a pawn shop - took it apart, precoated it and printed. (Of course we had to play with it a bit to get the graphic where we wanted it.) After topcoating it we just put the guitar back together. You can see what appears to be overspray in the design to the left of "enfuego" but that was intentional knowing that with the slope of the guitar wouldn't print as well.

Steve

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a player myself I find this fasinating,, please explain how you did this as I would like to customize some of my guitars,, and the stupid banjo too
What type of printer do you have? We did this on a flexijet L model which has plenty of clearance.

And yes, we did print directly on the blank in case that wasn't clear.

Steve

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
That just gives it a seasoned look,, nice!! you did such a nice job it looked like you were in the business,, its better than most factory jobs I have seen,, I can see were that slope off of the body would make it difficult to print on,, but nice job,,

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The nice thing about this job- it took a bit of extra time but it was very very profitable.

And it is fun to break up the routine of printing shirts with something challenging and creative.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts