T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken the plunge and invested in the GTX. The shirts they did their samples on were Cotton Heritage. I am wondering if there are other brands that work well with the Brother DTG printers?

I'm sure I will have more questions later - once I've had my training and get going.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have taken the plunge and invested in the GTX. The shirts they did their samples on were Cotton Heritage. I am wondering if there are other brands that work well with the Brother DTG printers?

I'm sure I will have more questions later - once I've had my training and get going.

Thanks in advance for your help.
dt104
haynes nano
next lvl

basically tight cotton weave

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
And I couldn't just leave my snarky comment up there all alone. I have to say more!

I was really excited when Conde came out with their Reveal PrintPerfect 600T -Cotton Decorating System. I even spoke to a couple of their people over the phone and e-mail. They sent me a sample tee shirt.

I was SHOCKED that they didn't send me a perfect example. It was not a product that I would wear nor was it anything I'd be able to sell. I even made a thread about it here. There was a member here who had purchased the system here and it turns out he was having the exact same problems as exhibited on the shirt I received. So I guess it just wasn't ready to be out there yet. He subsequently put his system up for sale on here at half the price.

After seeing the GTX in action at the SGIA Expo a couple of days ago, I'm totally impressed and kinda excited about it--even though it'll be a long time before I'll be able to invest. So, on a very selfish level I'm waiting for you to get started and do thousands upon thousands of prints so that you can report back on how your machine is printing and holding up.

So get busy! We're waiting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And I couldn't just leave my snarky comment up there all alone. I have to say more!

I was really excited when Conde came out with their Reveal PrintPerfect 600T -Cotton Decorating System. I even spoke to a couple of their people over the phone and e-mail. They sent me a sample tee shirt.

I was SHOCKED that they didn't send me a perfect example. It was not a product that I would wear nor was it anything I'd be able to sell. I even made a thread about it here. There was a member here who had purchased the system here and it turns out he was having the exact same problems as exhibited on the shirt I received. So I guess it just wasn't ready to be out there yet. He subsequently put his system up for sale on here at half the price.

After seeing the GTX in action at the SGIA Expo a couple of days ago, I'm totally impressed and kinda excited about it--even though it'll be a long time before I'll be able to invest. So, on a very selfish level I'm waiting for you to get started and do thousands upon thousands of prints so that you can report back on how your machine is printing and holding up.

So get busy! We're waiting.
I will definitely be posting my progress! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Viper XPT-1000 is in and gtx all working great. the printer far exceeded my expectations they are really getting it right. after working with the 541 then the 381 this gtx is in a class of its own. Keep in mind its only day 3 but so far im blown away 1.5 min darks vs 5-7 mins just awsome and the print quality in the standard setting is almost to high. meaning when i wanted a really bold print using the 381 we always had to max out the ink setting to achive a great print but now WOW.

will update you guys as time passes any info good bad or indifferent

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Kelly and Mark: Be sure to also let us know about the maintenance of the white ink. The rep at the expo was saying that it's much much less than their competition. The rest of us need to know if that's true.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kelly and Mark: Be sure to also let us know about the maintenance of the white ink. The rep at the expo was saying that it's much much less than their competition. The rest of us need to know if that's true.
Yes. That is what I was told as well. I'm training on the 23rd and 24th. I will let you know!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want so bad to hit the ground running after training but I am literally just starting out.

What software do I need to design/edit graphics and for mockups and quotes?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I want so bad to hit the ground running after training but I am literally just starting out.

What software do I need to design/edit graphics and for mockups and quotes?
You are braver--and richer!--than I. I just bought Affinity Designer for $50. That's way cheaper than you can get anything from Adobe or Corel. I'm learning a lot with the help from the folks here. You can read about that particular adventure here. It's worth the read just for the entertainment provided by and skills shown by "seacookie."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You are braver--and richer!--than I. I just bought Affinity Designer for $50. That's way cheaper than you can get anything from Adobe or Corel. I'm learning a lot with the help from the folks here. You can read about that particular adventure here. It's worth the read just for the entertainment provided by and skills shown by "seacookie."
I'm glad I didn't jump into any new software. Photoshop and the Graphics Lab that comes with the printer have been awesome. I just need something for mockups.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.