T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nearly everytime with this kind of Shirt (Stella Stanley)
the fibers come up again with printing.
Hope anyone here can help me out cause after weeks of testing I'm afraid to print and sale any shirts and this is really annoying
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
654 Posts
Can you tell us your printing method with how much pretreat and what type of pretreat and how you are curing everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ofc - unfortunately my first post was always too long to post everything.

PT is org. from Brother mixed 2water 1PT.
Schulze PT Maker IV - used 80% forward/backward on the shirt.
Curing with max pressure I can handle on my Sefa. Guess around 5 bar. 180C° for 35 - 40 sec. (sometimes we still have a damp spot in the middle with 35 secs depending on the shirt)

Printed with default settings 5/3 (Highlight/Mask)
Dry the ink with a Sefa again. Really low pressure 160C° - 180C° with 35 - 150 secs (tried several settings cause on some shirts we got an yellow "burned"?? block)
If I used more time I lower the pressure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
654 Posts
Ok that helps explain a few things. have a couple options here option 1: Get a better pretreat. The brand of pretreat you use matters for example I have used, the brother OEM, I have used Image Armor and I have used Firebird. I prefer the Firebird because it does a better job of laying down the fibers like you are having problems with now and it has gives better white and CMYK vibrancy. For a print like you are doing I would be able to use my PT maker IV at a speed of 70% but a single pass. And I would probably be able to knock the highlight down by 1. Option 2: Use more of the brother pretreat go down to a speed of say 50% with a double pass. Option 3: dilute the pretreat 1:1 so there is more pretreat in it and it should help laydown the fibers at the same settings you are using.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.
Because I've already tested so much with pretreatment, I tried a different way.
In the meantime I've done new / further tests. Have had successful washing tests on the weekend.
This time I dried the shirts with the same press pretreatment and ink. With the same settings and the same pressure. 35 sec, 180C ° and maximum pressure (around 5 bar I estimate)

All shirts where I have dried the ink with light pressure have come off.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top