T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have a new-to-me GT-541 and I'm ready to take it through a general maintenance cleaning, but I get an error right away. One says "Battery Life", and the next says "Waste Ink Full". There's a brand new waste ink tray, and I made sure the tabs were lined up. The sensor seems to be ok, in that it alerts when the tray is out, but it can't get past the full error. Are there two sensors in there? I can't wait to get it up & running and this is a little frustrating. Any ideas?

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: I had a call today with a really helpful Brother rep who helped me identify the working parts around the waste tray. Turns out there is a spring behind the tray which compresses when a new waste cartridge is in, and elongates when the waste ink weighs it down. The plate beneath the spring was stuck in the "full" position. I removed the back plate and lifted the tray up manually,and the error went away! We were able to take the machine through the cleaning processes and print our first test prints! They look great!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.