T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering upgrading my GT-361 to a 381. Does the 381 print single pass white + cmyk? I'm getting more white ink jobs but it is a severe bottle neck. I probably only get about 10 shirts an hour when running white ink prints. I just want to know if the extra two print heads are worth the money.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Drew,

95% of all the jobs I have seen on the GT-381 have been done in 1 pass. There are times when doing a left chest design that the software will put a delay between the white and color layer. I have also been told by someone that if you max out the sliders that it does 2 passes. I just have never seen the need to do this to determine if it is done in 1 or 2 passes.

Stating that, you might want to come to the Arlington NBM Show in 3 weeks to check out the new RIP. You have more control over the RIP than the GT driver. One benefit we have is you can do a print that uses these 2 passes:
Pass #1 - 600 x 600 white underbase pass only
Pass #2 - 1200 x 1200 white (at 50% max ink) + CMYK pass

The benefit of doing this is it cuts do the print time by 25-30% compared to a 1200x1200 print using Mask 3 and Highlight 6. So the RIP allows the 2-pass method and still gives you a higher output.

Just something to consider. Best wishes,

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.