T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have an older version of illustrator 9.0 and photoshop 6.0.
I have installed ghostview and Ghostscript.
when I have a photo that i would like to print in a halftone ..do I convert it to bitmap 1st, save it as an EPS 1st, then print to file with my generic postscript printer ?
I do that, and then when I open up GSview, do I open the saved ( EPS ) file and then print?
How do I know if my GSview is configured for my Epson 1280 printer. Ive read a lot of threads and i get more confused each time.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ok I have an older version of illustrator 9.0 and photoshop 6.0.
I have installed ghostview and Ghostscript.
when I have a photo that i would like to print in a halftone ..do I convert it to bitmap 1st, save it as an EPS 1st, then print to file with my generic postscript printer ?
I do that, and then when I open up GSview, do I open the saved ( EPS ) file and then print?
How do I know if my GSview is configured for my Epson 1280 printer. Ive read a lot of threads and i get more confused each time.
give it a whirl. if it works, it works.

I can bring a photo into photoshop, manipulate it to where i see fit, and drag it to Illustrator to print, where i can setup all of my output options and then "print," or save to my generic postscript driver.

I select Adobe Postscript file from the printer selection menu, and then use the driver i had installed as the ppd, HP Laser Jet 4mv. it saves as a postscript file ghostview will open, and, voila. just make sure the media size is kept the same from program to program.

The authoritative Ghostscript/view thread is here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts