T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have been trying to cut 3 logos on 13x19 vinyl. For some reason when I design it in Illustrator and print it, no problems. I load it into the cutter and select the cut lines and use cutstudio plugin it will not cut the very top of the 3rd logo at the top of the sheet. Everything is within the cutting area and the logos are all the same. The file is only 2.8mb. Its nothing crazy but its making me crazy for the wasted material

Pls help Me

·
Registered
371 Posts
Try cutting the same file on a piece of your waste vinyl with everything exactly the same except import the design upside down. If the problem transfers to the bottom then it's a file problem.

The only reason I can think of that it's a machine problem would be if there was some kind of issue with your origin setting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its only since I switched to 13x19 sheets I just cut multiple logos on it however the top image the same one stopped, yet it cut another one of the same lower. confuses the heck out of me

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ok. When you load your vinyl into the cutter & the cutter then reads the size of the sheet that you've loaded & displays that size in the readout panel, are you then importing those settings into Cut Studio?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes so I use the plugin and just click the icon for the software to pop up. I believe it all transfers over. I'm not the most well versed w this so I was thinking my crop Mark's may be off too. I dont know what the proper ones would be for 13x20

·
Registered
371 Posts
Try this way.

Open Cut studio & import your designs first.
Start Cutter, load vinyl, get cutter to detect size of vinyl sheet.
In Cut Studio click file, cutting setup, you'll see a pop up box, click property, click get from machine, click ok, & ok again to finish.
Now you can click cut.

Whenever you restart the machine again or change vinyl sizes you'll need to do this same process in Cut Studio..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its so weird, for now I flipped the design and lowered it as much as a could so the issue is negated. I will see how other art behaves with it, maybe its the image itself? i dont think so but

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.