T-Shirt Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 568 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased the groove e from klic n kut for $599.I also just purchased transfer tape,template rubber,15x15 heat press,teflon sheets.still waiting on a few questions about the automotive protective film used for decals.anyone heard of a price on the 3m ppf yet?also have a few inquiries about rhinestones.I am looking at a rhinestone manufacturer from china,MC polished hotfix @$19.50 per 500 gross.question to all of you...do your rhinestones have lead?I heard it akes them more shiny?Im not gonna run into any problems by using them am I ?Already got our DBA.....like to hear from you if you like the name...Ba Da Bling Me!
we plan on selling rhinestone car decals and aparell.I might also be selling supplies and templates later on down the road.Thanks to Sandy M for all the help so far!Anyone who researches rhinestones here can attest to her a+ customer service!:)Does anyone have a wholesale price list for the shineart rhinestones grade a that they can pm or email me?I will be posting my startup experiences so stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Here we go!

Just a update on my research on the decal film.If you sign up under dealer request information you qualify for bulk wholesale pricing on the xpel you can get the 12" value for $346.80 per 120 ft roll.that is $2.89 per ft.
I am also going to get a sample for a comprable product 8mil for $195.00 per 100ft.that is $1.95 per foot.I think im going to test that before I buy any.Ill let you know how it goes.P.s. im glad everyone likes the name!thats so awesome!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

Just a update on my research on the decal film.If you sign up under dealer request information you qualify for bulk wholesale pricing on the xpel you can get the 12" value for $346.80 per 120 ft roll.that is $2.89 per ft.
I am also going to get a sample for a comprable product 8mil for $195.00 per 100ft.that is $1.95 per foot.I think im going to test that before I buy any.Ill let you know how it goes.P.s. im glad everyone likes the name!thats so awesome!

Just make sure that you do not need a resale certificate to buy at dealer/wholesale pricing.
:)
Matt had to use his.
(Correct me Matt if I am mistaken....if you see this)

Also, when buying at that special dealer price one will need to buy the whole roll. (not by the foot)

Is this what you were told? or am I mistaken again?

What is your comparable 8mil product?
Clearshield?

oh yeah...I like the name a lot! :)

Reactions: Leg cramps

·
Registered
1,502 Posts

Yes I believe you would need a resale cert.Yes that is for the whole roll.Im going to hold off on giving the name of the decal material .... :)I also want to add that it will not require the das secret activator or rapid tac,it is real sticky.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

Well, the 8mil test rhinestone decal material that I received today is a product called Clearshield PPF.
Automotive | Paint Protection | ClearshieldYou will need a resale cert for them as well when wanting to buy at the best possible price, or one can click on their "dealer locater" link to buy at retail pricing.
http://solargard.com/Dealer_Locator/Home

I have heard that 8mil does not work too well, but I will test it anyway. :)
(maybe it was application error)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

It also comes in 12 mil.Ill test both!
The Clearshield comes in 12mil also?
I did not know this.
I will ask my rep about it.
Thanks.

I do have some 12mil of this stuff but I have not tested it yet.
(totally different material so I do not think it will work)
Buy Convex Pro Shield Laminate

Reactions: Boomerbabe

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

ashamutt.....sorry,I meant the product I was testing comes in both 8 and 12mil.Please let me know if the convex works for you.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

update:
Ok so yesterday I ordered the xpel decal film...120ft.today I picked up a gallon of rapid tac.I also got my knk groove e.It was packaged very nice and had no damage.Thank you Sandy M for adding the user manual to my order!It took probally 45 minutes to add the attachment tables and software.Then I went to sandys videos and within 30 minutes I produced a rhinestone font.:rolleyes:Tomorrow im ordering my rhinestones and 2ml squirt bottles.the heat press is scheduled to be delivered on the 26th.I still need to find a web developer and order our business cards.Im still looking for tye die shirt wholesalers so if anyone knows of any let me know.I like the look dont you?Ill keep you posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I have looked at those sites.im looking for a shirt like the one pictured above(from gorilla graphics...9.50 each or 8.50 if you buy 1000!)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

another design...and got my 15x15 heat press from sunie with 2 teflon mats.packaged nicely with no damage.decal film should be here monday and ordering rhinestones today..we are almost in business!Its like xmas round here!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts

Congrats on the new venture been at this for 3 years and I am still learning new things everyday:D

Let me know how that sticker stuff works

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I will definately keep updating...but if you are looking to see if this is profitable all you need to do is look at matt,he has sold more than 500 decals in one month at 20 bucks a pop!
:Dcha ching!

1 - 20 of 568 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.