T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno where else to post this on the web?
I have a Gray hoodie with a black Adidas logo. The hoodie is like brand new but when it was washed once the logo looks years old. How can I restore it? I thought about using a sharpie but the smell lol.

Its more faded than it looks in the picture.
Rectangle Sleeve Grey Beige Font

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Can you feel the ink of the print, or does it feel the same as the fabric?

If the latter, it may be a sublimation print on a cotton/poly blend hoodie. Sublimation only works on polyester, so at the first wash any ink on the cotton will wash out. I sell some shirts printed this way, but I wash them before the customer sees them, and call them a faded vintage style print.

Regardless, what you do is talk to where you got it from. There is no fixing it other than replacing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you feel the ink of the print, or does it feel the same as the fabric?

If the latter, it may be a sublimation print on a cotton/poly blend hoodie. Sublimation only works on polyester, so at the first wash any ink on the cotton will wash out. I sell some shirts printed this way, but I wash them before the customer sees them, and call them a faded vintage style print.

Regardless, what you do is talk to where you got it from. There is no fixing it other than replacing it.
I bought it on ebay a couple years ago, I liked the design. The print feels exactly like the fabric. I got bored and decided to just use a sharpie.... It looks brand new now. I watched some youtube vids that said cure it with heat. I used a heatgun and then an iron on it. Hopefully it lasts.

Triangle Font Signage Logo Rectangle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts