T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Can anyone help?
We have a dtg kiosk non white ink printer.
When printing images with a greyish colour in it the grey prints blue.We use coral drawx3 and have tried all different settings.Also we are still using RF INK, NOT DP, Maybe a colour profile for RF ink can be used but we are unsure where to obtain it.
any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Could be your ink profile vs your ink, or it could be Corel. I would try Exporting the image and printing out of another program (photoshop, Paint, etc) and see if there is a change. There have been several threads about this in this forum, perhaps you could search and get more info on how people solved this issue.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
What is RF ink? I have not heard of that one. But you might want to try printing a color chart on a scrap shirt
with all the different grays to see which one matches best. I know in the past when I used a different ink, I had a really hard time trying to get the correct gray, so the profile could be the issue. But yea I would try printing a color chart to see if you can get one close. As was explained to me when this happened, it is because gray is made up of cmyk and not just a percentage of black. You would think gray would just be less black, but thats not how it works :) let us know if you are able to get a good gray on color chart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again thanks for all the help....I'm not using any profile , have it turned off, managed to set colour tones and got an acceptable grey...i don't have any problems with full colour photos etc. i tell my customers beforehand that colours to paper are different to garments

Jeff:confused:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Hi Can anyone help?
We have a dtg kiosk non white ink printer.
When printing images with a greyish colour in it the grey prints blue.We use coral drawx3 and have tried all different settings.Also we are still using RF INK, NOT DP, Maybe a colour profile for RF ink can be used but we are unsure where to obtain it.
any help appreciated.

All the different RIP programs used by the various printer distributors are color profiled to the specific ink brand used by that distributor. The rip used by DTG is now profiled to DuPont ink. What you will find in using an ink brand other then what your printer distributor has profiled for is that the colors will print out differently than what your monitor shows.

Bobbie is correct that you should print out a color chart as one way of trying to match up colors. But you will have problems with color match because your RIP is not color profiled to your ink.

Harry
Equipment Zone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts