T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Great site, obviously filled with tons of useful information and seems to be populated with cool people. Glad to be here and my thanks to the founders.

I am an artist (graphic arts, watercolor, photography) and programmer.

Years ago (1988?) I made my own silk screen frames and pulled a few dozen shirts of various weird designs. Learned the special joy that comes from having a one-of-a-kind t-shirt!

I currently blog my scribbles of robots over at Botaday and plan on offering t-shirts before too long. Definitely going to be checking out the advice here.

Cheers!

MjM

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey there MjM. I am an artist as well, and I just joined yesterday. There is a lot to learn about the business and technical end of this stuff, and I think this is the place to be.

Anyway, I'd really like to see your scribbles; can you post a link?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. I wasn't quite sure how things worked. My webpage site is listed in my profile, but you can't have a signature until you've made at least one post.

So, with any luck, my signature should now contain my URL. Let's see...

Hmm. Okay. I guess I don't know how to make the signature show up.

http://www.botaday.com

MjM

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nothing on the web right now, but I'm working on it. Just trying to cut through all of the details of this T-shirt biz stuff right now in as efficient a manner as possible.

I like your sketches...they are funny and have a lot of personality. The way you use lines gives the images a lot of movement, which is great. I think some of the more refined ones, such as "Skyline," would make great T-shirts. I don't know if you'd do it the same way for shirts, but the fact that the pictures are full-value and one color would make them all the easier and cheaper to print.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Great illustrations you have there, Mike!

I currently blog my scribbles of robots over at Botaday and plan on offering t-shirts before too long. Definitely going to be checking out the advice here.
I think your drawings would make great t-shirts!

Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rodney said:
Great illustrations you have there, Mike!
I think your drawings would make great t-shirts!
Hey Rodney, Thanks!

Years ago, I silkscreened quite a few oddball things. I built my own frames and used Speedball photo-resist. The positive masters were done with india ink on tracing paper.

I could only do black/colors on white/grey/peppercorn/tan, etc (white on black was pretty much unreadable, but I did a few anyway), and the screen would decompose after about the sixth print, but what the heck. Oh man, and registration was a, a... challenge!

Back before the internet, homemade silk-screening was one of the few ways that the common person could engage in mass communicaton - The Power of the Press, right on!

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts