T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am Ong from Malaysia. I manufacture my own T-shirt in Malaysia, specializing in Cut & Sew designs. What are Cut & Sew designs? They are simply pieces of cloth sewn into a likes of a T-Shirt.

I am building a T-shirt configurator, of which you can configure and design your T-shirt on the fly. Its still in beta stage and lots of work to do, but would be great if I can have some feedback. The site is at www.mdtextile.com

Click on "T-Shirt Configurator"

I guess I will be sharing my expertise here, especially in the area of cloth material, T-sihirt accessories eg (piping, double/press stiching etc) and customised T-shirt.

Ong

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
that's great qcumber,

hey, with your online tool, will you be able to output the data from it directly to the automatic/computer plotter and cutter ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Ong,
Welcome to the Forums. Have had a look at your site but when I select round neck T-Shirts the options I'm given are for pique rather than single jersey. Do you do basic Tees or is it just pique?
Paul

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi Ong, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I tested out the t-shirt configurator. I thought it would be a way of allowing a customer to enter specifications about a custom garment they wanted you to create, but it seems like more of a way for a customer to select garment styles that you already have in stock that they can purchase?

Either way, as Greg says, I think your knowledge of the cut and sew industry will be appreciated around here :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TBot: My T-shirts are all cut by hand at the moment. But with some programming it can be done I suppose.

TGraphics: oops bug, thanks for pointing out. I have single jerseys, carded or fully combed.

Rodney: I only keep stock of fabrics. All are custom made to order. There are just too many variations I can do to a T-shirt. Stripes,Zips,TurtleNeck,Open Edge, Half Turtle Shell just to name a few. But for a start, I will post the more popular design while the progammers continue working on something more flexible :)

jdr: note taken. Will put the actual garment on the pipeline. My progammer dunno flash, so have to make do with this.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
qcumber said:
TBot: My T-shirts are all cut by hand at the moment. But with some programming it can be done I suppose.
I find the cut/sew industry fastinating. You're going in the right direction.
Those automatic plotters that draw the pattern parts on the dotted paper are amazing (expensive :eek: ), than it goes back and cuts the fabric layers. Wow.

have you seen Hem automatic machines in action.... Fast. :D

good luck.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Rodney said:
Hey Ong, do you also do different types of garment washing to give shirts a "vintage" look? Enzyme washes, dyes, etc?
Rodney, remember that this is a trend. :)

if you start that now you may be out of commission. :D

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Rodney said:
Not sure what you're talking about.
meaning, cut/sew places dont do garment washing (some may), they cut and sew. So if you are not set up to do both Today, the trend may have passed by the time you do get set up for it. :)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
meaning, cut/sew places dont do garment washing (some may), they cut and sew
oooooh. Good point. I think I may have been thinking of a full on manufacturer/factory.

o if you are not set up to do both Today, the trend may pass by the time you do get set up for it
Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, it wouldn't make sense (or maybe it would, I don't know the costs) for a cut and sew place to just invest in the enzyme /garment washing stuff for a passing trend.

But then again, if Ong's place does do both, it would be nice to know :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We work closely with fabric suppliers.

I am not too sure about vintage enzyme washes. But if you require a special color, just provide the pantone code.

And if you have a sample fabric, or you know the specifications of it, we will try and reproduce it in the lab first.

The enzyme washes that are popular at our side now is for fullycombed cotton interlock. It makes the fabric extra soft and removes excess particles and fibres.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts