T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
I am new here. My name is Eileen. I am 56 yrs of age and soon ( but not soon enough ) I get to retire - can I just Stop Now Please :D My brain is so full from the steep learning curve I have been in of late with all the software for T-shirt designs, tech stuff, web stuff and just too much stuff..........

I have a online shop which right now is T-shirts and gifts. In the future it will include artwork as well. The focus of my shop is different from what many of you are used to - it is Catholic Patron Saints. The designs are orginal and done by myself. I could not find what I wanted for myself so I decided to "just do it myself". I will welcome any feedback any of you would care to give. When I can I am going to hire a web designer and get away from the restrictive templates I have been stuck using as a newbie.

So anyway, here is my url: http://thesparrowgallery.com

Thanks for your time and will be seeing you here amoung the forums :D .
Eileen

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Eileen, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums. You're definitely not the only retiree (or close to retiree) here :)

You may want to hold off on posting your email address to public forums because it can often lead to unsolicited emails (and who wants more spam?)

The graphics on your products look well done! You will probably want to resize that photo on your thesparrowgallery.com homepage because it makes the page take a LONG time to load.

sparrowlogogif.gif - 4931.61 KB (almost 5MB)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the tip Rodney - I have removed my email from my intro. post. I am not sure how to "downsize" my logo picture (still a newbie) - thought maybe I need to replace w/something not a photo...but still a sparrow.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
For some reason, the sparrow image on your cafepress page is fine (smaller file size), but the one on thesparrowgallery.com homepage is big. Maybe you could use the one on the cafepress homepage for both?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
That is a big yes on reducing the image of the sparrow. People today want to see what there.. now.. Click you picture and see what size it is. Get under 50k. I just saved it and it came out at 3600 pixals x 2362 If I was to print it it would be 50 inches x 32 inches. Take it down to maybe 25% of what you have it. I can email you the reduced size if you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You "Old Retired Guy" - Please do send me that ! I have really been struggling with "how to" reduce image sizes on things. I have PS8 on my computer but I can't seem to get a handle on how to manage file size....arggg. I am new to this forum so I don't know if you get notified of my reply or just how this forum works ... You can find my direct email address inside the "shopkeeper bio" on the main page (left column) of the CafePress main page. Thank You Again - Eileen

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Grab any website, Photoshop, or eBay selling book from the library....most will have sections of image resizing.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
People only get notified of responses to a thread if they "subscribe" to the thread (which is available at the top of every thread in the "thread tools" menu and as an option when replying to posts).

If you check the help section of the software you're using (is it photoshop or paintshoppro), and search for resize, it should give you steps to resize an image. It's usually under the "Image" menu in paintshoppro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts