I've fallen for a tawny Moor,
took off to the land of Nod
Drank with all the Chinamen,
walked the sewers of Paris
I danced along a colored wind,
dangled from a rope of sand
You must say goodbye to me

(Tom Wait's Singapore)
For some reason that just popped into my head when I read your post.

Aaaanyway...

Interesting site. In my browser/screen resolution, etc. the bottom frame (with the jars/links) scrolls really badly and is pretty much illegible. There's also no indicator of what the links go to, except by reading the URLs in the status bar (which not every viewer does). Just mentioning as it might be worth doing some usability tests on different computers.

Your designs are interesting - definitely not just the same as every other site out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solmu said:
For some reason that just popped into my head when I read your post.

Aaaanyway...

Interesting site. In my browser/screen resolution, etc. the bottom frame (with the jars/links) scrolls really badly and is pretty much illegible. There's also no indicator of what the links go to, except by reading the URLs in the status bar (which not every viewer does). Just mentioning as it might be worth doing some usability tests on different computers.

Your designs are interesting - definitely not just the same as every other site out there.
thanks for the heads up. im running mac with a rather big screen resolution. but now that you mentioned it, im doing some changes.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
jarzium said:
thanks for the heads up. im running mac with a rather big screen resolution. but now that you mentioned it, im doing some changes.
It's much, much clearer now. It still scrolls a little bit, but only a little bit - I'm assuming if it was made to not scroll on a screen like mine it wouldn't look very good on larger resolutions, so it needs to balance.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Probably - frames often aren't great, so if you're not overly attached to that design it wouldn't hurt to try something else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts