T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached to this message, there is a picture of an error that occurs on all of my designs. The black arrow in the image points to the error. My issue is that whenever I send a Job to my FC9000 Cutter, the Cutter makes an unnecessary cut on the vinyl near the first cut piece of the design. For example, since the Cutter cuts this design starting from that portion of the stripe on the flag, the Cutter leaves that blemish in the vinyl in the same spot every time I send that design to the cutter. If I send any number of copies of this flag design to the cutter from my LXI program to be cut, the Cutter will make that same unnecessary cut on the very first flag, but all of the other flags will have no unnecessary marks on them. In addition to the blemish made by the blade from the Cutter, the Cutter will also, sometimes randomly, but in the same spot of the design, no matter what kind of design it is, ignore the first part of the design that would normally be cut by the Cutter and scribble it into the bottom right corner of the media (vinyl.) For example, if the Cutter decided to not cut the portion of the flag shown with a gash in it on the photo attached to this message, that portion of the flag would be missing and a small hole would be cut into the bottom right portion of the media. (vinyl.) Not to mention, this same issue occurs while using a completely different laptop, cutter, and LXI program. The other Cutter that this issue also occurs on is a Vinyl Express Q-series. Can anyone help me find solutions to my problems? They have been a curse for over 3 years. Thank you

-Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
you should double check to make sure you didnt accidentally add an artifact to the image that is being cut. In your software you may also select the image and be able to see the nodes on the design. Check to see if there are nodes in that area that can be deleted from the image and then try it again. Good luck

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
try removing all fill colors and just add a stroke color to see if the there is an artifact there,
as the hawaiianphatboy mentioned

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done a lot of troubleshooting since I made this post and have discovered that the error occurs even on a test cut. For example, when I go to the cutter's Test Cut setting and perform one, the gash still appears on the little triangle that the cutter Test cuts.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've done a lot of troubleshooting since I made this post and have discovered that the error occurs even on a test cut. For example, when I go to the cutter's Test Cut setting and perform one, the gash still appears on the little triangle that the cutter Test cuts.
Contact the company you bought it from or call Graphtec. Sounds like a issue with the plotter if you get the same mark when you do a test cut from the front panel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Methinks Mz Skeeter gave you the correct Answer on the US Cutter Forum;

"Go into your Plotter Menu, >Background settings> Initial blade control position> (choose)> "OUTSIDE". Press >Enter "

This little cut is an Orientation move done by (non-Tangential ?) Plotters to set the Blade Tip Initial Position.
You will be instructing the Plotter to make the cut on the 'Outside' of your Vector file rather than the 'inside' area.

From my Graphtec CE5000 Manual;

BLADE TIP INITIAL POSITION SETTING
The cutter blade is placed on the medium to orient it after the power is turned on or the cutter-pen conditions are set.
This is referred to as “initializing” the cutter blade.
This function sets the “Blade-Tip Initial Position” for this operation.
When 2 mm is selected, initial blade control is performed at a position 2 mm below the cutting start position.
When OUTSIDE is selected, initial blade control is performed outside of the effective cutting/plotting area.
(The default setting is 2 mm.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts