T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning folks, now this may be a dumb question, but hey ho...

i want to add more strings to the bow so to speak, ie .. the printable clothing vinyl.

i have tried the cameo 2 and found the registration marks / cutting around the edges of images etc an absolute nightmare.

now, i dont mind paying 4 times the cost of a cameo 3 as long as it works.
how will the graphtec be any better than the cameo if its using the registration marks again ?

they clain the ARMS system is superior, but having read reviews on amazon some are moaning its only any good with paper, so im even more confused.

i guess i just want someone to say its great and will cut around vinyl images with ease before i waste a grand and still in registration mark hell.

thank you

· Registered
2,441 Posts
The problem that a lot of people have with registration marks is that they don't put enough of them on the page. They put one in each corner of a long piece of vinyl and expect the tracking to be spot on for the entire length of the roll. If you use more marks then the cutter will recalibrate itself every few designs.

Problems cutting paper will often be down to wrong speed, force and a older dull blade.

If you get the registration marks right the the Graphtec will work well with printable vinyl.

The only problem with the CE6000 - 40 is the width. Most garment vinyl comes in 50cm/20inch width, so you will either have to sut it down or use sheets. If you could stretch to the CE6000-60 then you will get more efficient vinyl use.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem that a lot of people have with registration marks is that they don't put enough of them on the page. They put one in each corner of a long piece of vinyl and expect the tracking to be spot on for the entire length of the roll. If you use more marks then the cutter will recalibrate itself every few designs.

Problems cutting paper will often be down to wrong speed, force and a older dull blade.

If you get the registration marks right the the Graphtec will work well with printable vinyl.

The only problem with the CE6000 - 40 is the width. Most garment vinyl comes in 50cm/20inch width, so you will either have to sut it down or use sheets. If you could stretch to the CE6000-60 then you will get more efficient vinyl use.

thanks pat .. yeah i was planning on using A3 sheets, and was told you could turn the image .. if that makes sense.

but then again i guess they tell you anything in the sales dept

· Registered
1,384 Posts
thanks pat .. yeah i was planning on using A3 sheets, and was told you could turn the image .. if that makes sense.

but then again i guess they tell you anything in the sales dept
I never had issues with registration marks and cameo 3 and a3 sheets...

· Registered
2,441 Posts
Problem with sheet material is that you need to leave quite a lot of 'run off' at the end for the registration marks to work properly. Not leaving enough can lead to inaccurate cutting. The problem doesn't exist when using rolls ( until you get to the end of the roll).

If you are going to use sheets with the Graphtec then I would recommend you stick it to some form of carrier sheet before cutting. You will be able to use more of the sheet.

· Registered
1,568 Posts
I have a Silver Bullet cutter with laser (red dot) alignment of registration marks. I found my Cameo had lots of problems with finding reg marks and most particularly on reflective or patterned surfaces. The SB has none of these troubles.

Try searching for the new, super-dooper Silver Bullet Platinum machine, just released.

· Registered
781 Posts
The graphtec will be far superior to the cameo. Both in speed and accuracy. Our graphtecs cut perfectly every time on sheets or rolls. Also quieter...

As mentioned, you will need a small bit of extra material for the rollers to hold onto when cutting a sheet.

We use the FC series (8000, and 8600) to contour cut full rolls (54"x50 yards) of printed graphics and it keeps the accuracy thru the whole roll.
(We use segmented registration marks)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.