T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Kinship,

I use : graphtec cutting plotter ce5000-60 for contour cutting
Wanted to do some sampling for a client who wanted to do mobile decals on gloss vinyl but to my surprise
My graphtec cutting plotter ce5000-60 failed to detect Registration marks on the Gloss Vinyl . I specifically used 3m IJ40C and 80c cast vinyls which have better application on mobiles .vehicles etc

When I contacted my supplier He told me that the machine is typically not supposed to detect registration marks on Gloss Vinyl , which I personally feel was a total BS answer as we have done some plotting work earlier on the same machine with on gloss vinyl

So in short no help from the supplier .

has anyone else faced this problem with this Graphtec cutter/ plotter?

1) What is the work around to this ? Any cleaning , New Part, New Component etc ?

If at all it comes to buying a new plotter ( i hope not) , with which one would I not face this problem . Roland? Graphtec (different model) , Mimaki ??

Needless to say Im in apicke as its an urgent requirement from a client and all help and insight is appreciated.

· Registered
10,343 Posts
try turning the cutter so the light shining on it is in a different position

· Registered
838 Posts
There are many different sensors available for detecting vinyl. Usually settings that work for gloss, semi-gloss or matte vinyl don't work for higher gloss materials. An adjustment to the sensor sensitivity is usually needed for this. I am not sure how to do this on the CE5000-60 but here are video instructions for adjusting the sensor sensitivity for a Saga unit. There is likely a method for sensor adjustment with the CE5000-60 as well.

Created by Camtasia Studio 8

· Registered
3 Posts
Hey, did you ever sort this? I have the same problem, my reg marks are found no problem when i print my design on normal paper for testing but when i print the same job in sticker vinyl it does not find them.

It must be down to the media as everything else is exactly the same. Tried covering the marks with tape but still no joy. Also adjusted the sensitivity.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Shelly

· Registered
21 Posts
I use a Graphtec ce5000-40 and I could never get it to detect registration marks if I had added a gloss clear laminate over them. It didn't matter what I did, it just wouldn't see them. I had to make sure the laminate didn't overlap the registration marks. Could you try putting a matte clear laminate over the registration marks to cut down on the glare?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.