1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the Intuos3.
Do you think 9"x12" is overkill?
Is 6"x8" plenty in your experience?
Does a graphics tablet help a lot with complex vector drawing like in Adobe Illustrator?

·
Registered
249 Posts
If it's in your budget you'll want to go with the 9"x12".
I have a tablet at work an almost never use it when I am working in Illustrator. The strengths, for me anyway, of a tablet lay in what you accomplish in Photoshop with it.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Graphic tablets are something I've always thought of as one of those items that you should buy the biggest one you can afford (like a heat press or a tunnel dryer). You may never need the larger size, but it may be useful and it beats upgrading later.

(admittedly this applies less to graphic tablets as the replacement/upgrade cost is less, and the price of the technology drops more than those other items)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bougie said:
So why is a mouse better than a graphics tablet for Illustrator?
Personally... I use the bezier pen tool to draw/model images in Illustrator. It's just easier for me to lay down points with the mouse. That's just the way I learned a decade ago. I do get a lot of use out of my tablet in Photoshop though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a digital artist, I do tons of paintings in Photoshop.

I do all my design work in Illustrator. I use a trackpad for vector and the tablet for raster.

I am happy on a 6x8, but in also travel and work in public places. I can't function on anything smaller than 6x8. I like it because I can pack it up and go to a coffee shop or a bar. The next time I budget money for a tablet I'll get a 9x12 or larger and keep my 6x8 for traveling.

Hope this provides some insight.

dylan

·
Registered
5 Posts
I myself are quite happy with my 6x8, its easy to hold in the hands and I've just got used to it, I do find the mouse though as someone said is better for paths clicking the points. but for erasing and colouring nothing better than a tablet especially around curves they are great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts