T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question? Should you get your designs first and then order tees or should you order tees then get the designs? I was just wondering because I have not obtained my resellers's license yet and I know it is need to purchase shirts wholesale, but I needed to know which is more of an important step?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I was going to get the designs going first so I have some solid art that I felt confident about. That way you know what kind of t-shirts you want and color concepts.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I bought "test" shirts, all different brands that met my needs, then I narrowed it down to 1. The deciding on what shirts you will want can happend in conjunction with making up the designs. I will warn you that I jumped the gun, decided on a shirt style and bought a bunch of blanks and then changed my mind :/ so I STILL have a few of that first brand I carried. Now that I have been selling t-shirts for awhile I have added more high end styles to the mix and I try to not overbuy since I do like to change my mind. Get your reseller account created now so you can get all the catalogs and swatches in hand asap. I still spend hours poring over all the catalogs for various projects. It will also perhaps get your creative design juices flowing.

Reactions: msgibson1

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
It really doesn't matter. Sometimes a premium shirt in the hand will be a source of inspiration, or you'll design something to fit that specific shirt, but generally the design can go on just about anything. You just don't want there to be a significant lag time between either step. If you buy shirts too early, you're sitting on dead stock (=$$$), if you buy them too late... you're procrastinating :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you haven't get your reseller's permit yet, then I will start on graphics for now, save your extra money for not buying in wholesale. Work on the graphics, show it around, to your friends, family and here at the forum so you can get an idea on how your designs would go once you get it on the shirt. By the time you get your reseller permit, then you know which design to go on your shirt. Goodluck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts