T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a gcc expert 24 for about a month and have had several issues. My most recent is I am trying to cut some words out and it cuts all the letters except for about a 1/4 inch off of the top of the letters all the way across. I know it is something simple but I just can't figure it out. I am using corel draw x6 and just saving it as a hpgl to cut it. I don't know or understand how to cut it any other way. Any help would be appreciated.

Cindy

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
........ My most recent is I am trying to cut some words out and it cuts all the letters except for about a 1/4 inch off of the top of the letters all the way across..........
Do you have the lettering running across the width of the material or the length? If length you may have the layout trying to cut into the path of one of the rollers. It cannot cut in that area and you would have a "skipped" area like you describe.

It may also be possible if you have set a size for the material and the actual cut pattern is trying to go go outside those boundaries.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I just replied to this in report thread Ugh.

Anyways, I am trying to make a sign for the business about 3 feet high and 5 feet long. it is cutting off the top of the letters in the length. Not sure how or where to go to change my settings nothing I have tried so far is working.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
...... it is cutting off the top of the letters in the length. ........
36" tall would require you to cut it in separate passes since the most it can cut is 23.8" in width.

Sounds as if the design is extended into the "No Cut" area where the roller is located.

You have two choices. Either make the design slightly shorter by enough to clear the "No Cut" area or move the rollers slightly farther out. They have to be in the white marked areas though.

I also always run the full length of the material to verify it stays under the rollers. I've cut up to 10 foot long layouts that way.

Are you setting the origin to make sure it is cutting as close as possible to the right side roller?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been messing with this all night. Some images / letters print fine then the next pass is cut off. Ugh. Another question you might be able to help with is sometimes when I go to print something the rollers pull the material out of the back of the machine then it tries to pull it back in to print it and of course it cant because it has fallen out of the machine what am I doing to make this happen? I have reset my machine many times Im at a loss. I guess I just need to keep messing with the machine. I just hate wasting so much material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.