T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally registered my business, domain name, and finalized my company logo, slogan and which ideas to start with. My next step is to get my ideas down on paper. I am wondering which Graphic software would be good to design my ideas. I will not be using real photos, the designs will be slogans with graphics. This is first attempt in trying to design my ideas myself so a software with a lot of tuturoial help would be good.

Please advise if you can help.

Thank you,

Spreading Love

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use Macromedia Fireworks and Paintshop Pro, both are pretty easy to work with. I only do text type shirts so it's real easy for me. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use Corel Draw 11 and Adobe Illustrator 11. I have been using these for many years so it is easy for me but you might want to give Corel Draw a try it comes with Corel Photo Paint and can use most forms of clipart such as those you purchase from your local computer store. You can also do some pretty cool effects with text in both of these programs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree with Logo-Mechanix. I too use both Illustartor and draw, and I have to say that Corel Draw has the shortest learning curve and Corel Trace does wonders for converting scanned line art into vector format. Scan, Open the image into trace, click trace then copy and paste back into Corel draw and BAM!! you have a clean vector image...Easy. If you do decide to use photos then Adobe Photoshop is a must.

Ronnie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts