T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a helpful site for understanding the different paper or print sizes. It has the print name like A4 etc with the conversion from inches and metric. It may also be helpful for folks looking for a postscript printer and or driver to install specifically to match the printer they own using ghost script.

Designers Toolbox: Paper Sizes

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
This metric (millimetres) to imperial (inches) conversion does bring up an important point to consider.

I am in Europe, so I use the metric size papers. My Epson printers allow me to choose many imperial sizes as well from a drop down list, so I can print on either metric or imperial sizes. Same goes for the drivers on my vinyl cutters. However, many graphics programs install either the metric, or imperial paper sizes during setup, via user selection.

Looking at some of the programs on my own computer which have all been set up for metric, I find that few (if any) imperial sizes are available. Do the people that have set up their systems for the imperial measurement system (inches), find they have access to all the A & B metric size papers. Am just curious to see if it works both ways?

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts