T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi everyone! I need help! Hubby & I are brand new to all this and are trying to learn Corel 12, outsource for stock, figure out EVERYTHING!!!, and still print out a few tees that actually look good!!!)

The most pressing problem at the moment is.....where can we find high resolution images (not photographs, more like cartoonish-funny images) that we can purchase and then print on the Tees?

I'm out of my element here in this DTG thing, but I am eager & have a big finicial investment in this already, sooooo the need is there. I have recently added a Brother DTG 541 to our embroidery business, hubby is wanting to do this part of the business.

I know for embroidery designs ready to sew-out, that I can purchase (reasonably priced) thru (Dakota, Embroidery Libary, Balboa, etc.).

So, I'm "thinking" that this is the way this printing works also??? (Unless you are talented & knowledgeable enough to design them yourself!!!) Can anyone help us newbies out??? Thanks, Lollie
PS I'm sorry that this is so long, but I'm kind of brain tired... :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I highly recommend istockphoto.com.

Just append "vector" to any search term (like "apple vector") to pull only vector graphics.

You buy credits via cc or paypal which you can then use as needed to purchase individual graphics.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I highly recommend istockphoto.com.

Just append "vector" to any search term (like "apple vector") to pull only vector graphics.

You buy credits via cc or paypal which you can then use as needed to purchase individual graphics.

Hello Liz,
Thanks for the link, I just went there & it looks good, AND ESPECIALLY for the tip about how to add "vector" to get what I want, many, many thanks! Lollie :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello there redcell1!

I checked the sites out & I really appreciate all your your help! Thanks again! Lollie

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
There are several places that sell artwork that is specifically designed for dtg printing. A few I can think of are great dane graphics, fast art by us screen, and digital art solutions has a ton of collections. I have alot of the great dane graphics and digital art solutions and I love the art from both. I have not used the fast are but have heard good things about it. Hope this helps some :) its alot of work figuring things out haha.

Oh there is another place also that does artwork that looks like the seventies airbrush artwork that is pretty cool, its called hitman designs. I have not printed with it yet either but it looks like it would print nice.

Reactions: Lollie Conn

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi BobbieLee!
Thanks for ALL the links, I will certainly check them out first thing tomorrow! I'm learning soooo much on this site, it is a wonderful group of very helpful people & I really appreciate that. I gotta go night-night now, it's been another very long day, but I believe we are making progress! By the way do you use Corel or Adobe? Do you think one is more user friendly than the other? (For newbies?) Sincerely, Lollie

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I actually use both but I think corel draw is way more user friendly. If you dont use graphics progams alot it is alot easier to learn corel, and there are a ton of tutorials out there that you can learn alot from also.

I am glad you are learning so much here, it really is a great community here:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts