T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am a professional graphic designer looking to start printing my designs and artwork on things (tea towels, pillow slip-covers, etc.) and selling them. I do web design so I'm torn between building my own site and using an e-commerce platform like Magento, or leveraging an artists community like Etsy. Anyone have experience with both? If so I'd love to hear what your experience was like and why you choose one over the other.

Thanks!

· Registered
368 Posts
I already have a website and am also considering opening an Etsy shop...I would also like opinions on this approach...is it worthwhile having both, and is there anyone out there using both platforms simultaneously?...

· Registered
21 Posts
A lot would depend on your volume of business. Outside of my day job, I'm a glass artist and I sell glass art on both my website and etsy. I only sell occasionally so there is no issues there.

For our tshirt site, our volume of orders would make it difficultly to coordinate between etsy and our website. It's much easier to have things centralize in one location.

· Registered
368 Posts
Hey all,

I am a professional graphic designer looking to start printing my designs and artwork on things (tea towels, pillow slip-covers, etc.) and selling them. I do web design so I'm torn between building my own site and using an e-commerce platform like Magento, or leveraging an artists community like Etsy. Anyone have experience with both? If so I'd love to hear what your experience was like and why you choose one over the other.

Thanks!
OK...cheers for the info. Much appreciated :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.