T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up? I'm a graphic designer that is interested in learning more about the business of apparel design, production, and marketing. I've considered starting a T-shirt company for years, but never had a passion for it. I recently got appoached by a friend that wants to start a t-shirt business and wants me to create his designs. I want to learn more about the ins and outs of this industry before I get too involved. So, I'm here to learn, share and network.

·
Registered
167 Posts
lots of info to help you out. I am new too and am addicted already. Dont be afraid to show your work while you decide how to proceed with your friend. You never know how many friends you may end up with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
big thing ive learned recently is that you shouldnt be afraid to f*** up. lol. ur gonna spend money on your mistakes, and since its hard to forsee every problem, my advice is to:

1)check here on how to do it first.
2)do a test. dont try to do your final attempt first.
3)check here when you f-up. youll retain the information better after youve encountered the problem and found a solution rather than reading and trying to memorize everything the site has to offer before you go into the wild.
4)baby steps are fine. start with a one color, contact-paper-stencil print to get the hang of it. then try screen filler, then photo processes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello, I am new, we supply the hot fix stud for the garment, if your T-shirt want the hot fix products to decorate it, please contact with me, my name is nova.
--
Company:Yongjia Jiaxin Hardware Factory
Address:No.295 South Qiandong Load,Yongjia Town,Wenzhou city,Zhejiang,China 325102
Tel: +86-577-67913705/67281705
Fax: +86-577-67910705
Mob: 013780164675
Email: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
http:// zjjiaxin.en.alibaba.com

·
Registered
968 Posts
What's up? I'm a graphic designer that is interested in learning more about the business of apparel design, production, and marketing. I've considered starting a T-shirt company for years, but never had a passion for it. I recently got appoached by a friend that wants to start a t-shirt business and wants me to create his designs. I want to learn more about the ins and outs of this industry before I get too involved. So, I'm here to learn, share and network.
Hi,

I think it is good for you to creat your t-shirt business, now t-shirt product become so easy for everybody to approach, most of t-shirts without too much difference but cuts and fabric materials. The biggest selling point of printed t-shirt is your logo design. You got your biggest advantage of graphic designer to be, just develop your creative mind, and have them printed out, then the t-shirts printed with your logo design will bring a benefits that would be unexpected.

Everybody wanna be special, the t-shirt to be wear on them is unique, at least, to be the number one who wear and bring to famous. You can be the one to bring a new famous, good luck to you firstly.

Bil

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
apparel design
Look into some different blank apparel suppliers. See what style and quality you want to use. Then think about what kind of niche or theme you want to target. You should base your designs around the market you intend to target. You should also know what decoration method you intend to use. It's good to keep that in mind when designing.

production
Once you know what decoration method is best, you can search for a printshop that handles that work. Read up on the different methods, like vinyl, heat transfer, direct to garment, screen printing, etc. There are different levels of quality and production cots within each method.

marketing
The X factor. Marketing, along with sales and distribution channels, will ultimately determine your brand's success.

I recently got appoached by a friend that wants to start a t-shirt business and wants me to create his designs.
Many people will tell you that the best way to lose a friend is to go into business together. It's important to map out a business structure from the beginning. Are you a partner in the business? Or just doing freelance designs? Are you being paid per design, per hour, or a percentage of sales?

I want to learn more about the ins and outs of this industry before I get too involved.
Great attitude! This is definitely the place to go to learn about the industry. Read up on the many threads here that can help you. And ask questions when needed.

Good luck with your venture!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Look into some different blank apparel suppliers. See what style and quality you want to use. Then think about what kind of niche or theme you want to target. You should base your designs around the market you intend to target. You should also know what decoration method you intend to use. It's good to keep that in mind when designing.

Once you know what decoration method is best, you can search for a printshop that handles that work. Read up on the different methods, like vinyl, heat transfer, direct to garment, screen printing, etc. There are different levels of quality and production cots within each method.

The X factor. Marketing, along with sales and distribution channels, will ultimately determine your brand's success.

Many people will tell you that the best way to lose a friend is to go into business together. It's important to map out a business structure from the beginning. Are you a partner in the business? Or just doing freelance designs? Are you being paid per design, per hour, or a percentage of sales?

Great attitude! This is definitely the place to go to learn about the industry. Read up on the many threads here that can help you. And ask questions when needed.

Good luck with your venture!

I can't agree with you any more.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts