T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me! I'm looking to find some neat graphics/designs for some shirts I'm trying to heat press. The person is a barber by trade so he want something on the shirt to let people know that's what he's doing. The only thing he can tell me is he want the barber pole, but he want more but he want me to be creative with it.. Can someone help.. Oh yea by the way. I'm just starting out so I have a lot to learn so any help would be nice...

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did, but it just don't look professional to me, maybe I''m doing something wrong.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm using iCLIPART.com its free for 1 year after buying some software from journeyed. I can't remember the exact name. its pretty cool you can save in vector format and some other things but I don't know how to do all that. I basically can't reopen it after saving. do I need to get a different software to read EPS formats? Please help. I'm so confused. I hope I'm making sense. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I did some for a barbers a while back, I used the barbers name across the back with the first letter cut in half with a pair of scissors and the last letter having it's hair combed with a giant comb. I did not take any pics but if i can find the file I'll show you.

Lee

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow~ that sounds fancy. If you can find it. I would love to see it. Thanks again all for all the great feedback.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I found the rough design that i did but for some reason I can't attach the picture. It's not my day today, I can't read any emails either some some strange reason!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow~ that's really really nice. There's no way I could do that. Remember I'm just starting out. Not a lot of experience. I would love to know how to do that or something similar.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It's just an basic vector design ready to cut in vinyl. It was the first draft of the design I showed to the customer.

The name is just a standard font, the A was cut with cut path or you could trace an A to look like that. The N is just a normal N with a small quiff welded on.

If you copy that picture into your software you could trace/redraw and neaten it up a bit in about an hour.

What method were you going to use to print the t's?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again. I'm a beginner. There's no way I can do that. I really like it though. I would need some serious help trying to do that. I'm trying to think of something with that barber pole. He wants that pole.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm using my 1400 to print onto the transfer paper and pressing onto the shirt. I'm using photoshop. I'm so proud of myself I actually found an image that i like. It worked out my shirt came out nice. But I still don't know HOw to do all that fancy stuff. I had to save the image as a .pdf and it worked for me and the guy is satisfied. Thanks for your help. Please feel free to give me any advice.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
don't get down on yourself because you're a beginner. everyone starts somewhere. if you're serious about designing and doing graphics just make sure you have what you need to do what you want.

photoshop is a great program but it's geared toward producing bitmap images and editing/retouching photos. most artists that i know along with myself use both photoshop and illustrator (corel draw if you want). illustrator is a vector art software. i taught myself through years of practice (read your manuals, get some books, look online for tutorials etc.) you can do the same.

clip art is great if you want to ad text to an image that someone else created or use it as a reference for your own work, but sooner or later (if you are serious) you'll want to design the work yourself. that way it's exactly what you and your client want and you did all the work yourself. it'll be a great thing. good luck. -peace.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
on clipart.com make sure you select "Vinyl Ready" as one of the options on the left hand side of the page.

These are the best for both screen printing as well of course for vinyl
I have a questions, when using clipart, why should you select vinyl Ready? What also, I have a logo that I need to cut out. I'm need to the cutter business, I just received it in the mail today. So i need help will the cutter cut all this or how does this cutter thing work on something like this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts