T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently trying to enhance my design models but I have no idea how to create glitter or metallic colors. Im currently using Vinyl Master Cut, I dont want to upgrade without knowing how to at least use the tools to create new colors.

Does anyone know if any videos or how-tos that I can use to learn how to create better colors?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think for the blingy stuff, a photo of the shirt close in or on a model is more alluring than a computer generated mockup. Put your kids, the neighbor, your wife, gf, significant other, or the dog in a shirt and just take photo's of that. That said, I don't know enough about Vinyl Master, but this is more a raster thing. It is still going to be hard to beat a photograph.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I find it very difficult to take a decent photo of a glitter or reflective product. I have much better results using 3D models, many of which I model myself in Rhino, and render them in Keyshot, where I have fine control over materials, lighting, shadows etc.

I often render my designs to layered Photoshop PSD's where I can set up smart objects to make it easy to add different images to the same design to save time.

For instance, this is a model of an acrylic Tide clock that I make and sell myself. Acrylic is normally difficult to photograph.

http://fudgeys.co.uk/dyesub/acrylic_tide.jpg

The face designs are made in Photoshop and imported as a texture into Keyshot 6. I modelled the acrylic stand and the entire clock movement so that I can make mockups from any angle. I can add a background image and other effects in Photoshop once the model has been rendered.

The actual clock faces are sublimated onto aluminium sheet. The acrylic stands are cut, drilled and bent and the whole thing is kept together once the nut of the movement is tightened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.