T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new t-shirts come blank, because they're erasable. We are selling the concept of chest messaging on a flexible whiteboard, I guess, and like any new concept, it's hard to get the buzz started. We've spent a couple of years developing the concept and the product, years we should have spent enjoying our retirement (if we had the money for it!)

I'm a marketing communications person with 30+ years of experience with graphics, web design and copywriting - but this is a new market for us and we're not know-it-alls. This site is tremendously helpful. I hope to be able to reciprocate, from time to time.

Facebook flyers are not pulling. Back to the drawing board!

Naomi Glass
Kirkland, Wa

· Registered
495 Posts
Is that board heavy on the chest? I see this as a kids market...although you want to avoid having the kids write all over the other kids' face or all over their shirt or poking them in the eye with the marker...this is something Fisher Price would sell...hmmm, interesting...

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, the "board" is flexible, washable and patent-pending. It's no heavier than a heat transfer. So far, it seems to be an older market - personal messages, political statements, the club scene, etc. We describe it as chest messaging. I don't think it's that young a market.

· Registered
495 Posts
How do you know that? Have you tested it in the kids market? Kids love to draw with crayons, markers, colored pencils. They visualize and talk when they draw. That's even better if its flexible!! I think this is better than the mini slate drawing boards for children that Fisher Price markets. You know the one that erases when you turn the white knobs and the other one which erases when you shake it.

Actually, the "board" is flexible, washable and patent-pending. It's no heavier than a heat transfer. So far, it seems to be an older market - personal messages, political statements, the club scene, etc. We describe it as chest messaging. I don't think it's that young a market.

· Registered
274 Posts
Yes- I agree with my girl Gail completely on this one.
Adults will use this as a novelty type thing, but the kids would actually wear something like this all the time.
My nephew who is four would wear a shirt like that everyday if he could as he is really into decorating himself (stickers, temporary tattoos, costumes)

I see your points as to the adult appeal, but the kids market is huge.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Checked out the site...interesting concept. Is there a net price for those in the trade?
Hi Charles, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

For business/sales questions like that, you probably should contact Naomi directly via email or private message off the board so she can better assist you :)

Have fun!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.