T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this email this evening - most likely a scam, but it's a new one to me:

Dear Sir,
We received a formal application from a company who is called Febsegr Investment Co.,Ltd is applying to register " kushworks” as their domain name in China on Apr.20th, 2010. During our auditing procedure we find out that the alleged Febsegr Investment Co.,Ltd has no trade mark, brand nor patent even similar to that word. Hence we need your confirmation for two things:
First of all, whether this alleged Febsegr Investment Co.,ltd is your business partner or distributor in China.
Secondly, whether you are interested in registering these domains (.asia,.cn,.com.cn,etc as a suffix, The alleged Febsegr Investment Co.,Ltd will be entitled to obtain a domain not needed by original trademark owner.)
If you are not in charge of this please transfer this email to appropriate dept.
This is a letter for confirmation. If the mentioned third party is your business partner or distributor in China please DO NOT reply. We will automatically confirm application from your business partner after this audit procedure.
Best wishes,
Maya.Lee
Registration Commissioner
King-dy Technology Co., Ltd
Tel: +86-0431-85960589
Http://www.King-dy.org
Looks like an actual company, but who knows how legit it is. They can take my .asia domain for all I care.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I received a similar e-mail a few months ago. I replied and stated I would be concerned if they were trying to register the brand name, but I didn't care about them registering the Chinese domain names. The language barrier made for an awkward conversation, but it wasn't a big deal. I don't know if it's legit or some kind of scam, but they never asked for any money or info or anything like that. Maybe if I wanted to register or prevent anyone from registering, the scam would have been more apparent. But if it was a scam, they certainly weren't aggressive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts