T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put all 102 design mock-ups on myspace to get noticed. I'm asking all my friends and family to check it out and have their friends look too.
Search dizzybomb designs on Myspace and send me your feedback on my designs! Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all photography and drawings that I've done- not all stock clipart crap. I know they r random but they do have their own specific catagories that they would be put in in my online store. I just put them up for people to see and give me feedback is all.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else wanna check it out?

http://www.myspace.com/dizzybombdesigns

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you have photoshop I would clean up the templates a little. The designs run off the shirts and they are pretty pixelated. I think if they just look cleaner you will get a much better response. If you don't have photoshop you can download it from adobe free for a month.

In all honesty they do look a lot like stock clip art right now. But like I said if you just clean them up it will make a big difference.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Y does everyone say that it looks like clip art? It's all my artwork (drawings) and photography. It's all original. And yeah I know it's pixelated a bit. My art is a lot bigger than the shirt templates that I found. I'm not that good at the Photoshop stuff. Well, I don't have Photoshop, I have Gimp.

Which ones look especially bad?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Maybe it's because a lot of your art is so simplistic. It also looks to me as if you aren't using transparent backgrounds at all on your mockups. That's one reason you have so much white around the edges of the design.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know!!! Waaahhh. I don't know how to get rid of it :(

Anyway, I wasn't asking for an opinion on my crappy photoshopping skills lol. I just wanna know if my designs r cool or not.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Y does everyone say that it looks like clip art?
Because any standard clip art pack has stuff that looks exactly like this.

It's all my artwork (drawings) and photography. It's all original.
In this case, 'original' is a subjective term. I don't doubt that you created this art from your own drawings and photography. But there's nothing in your collection that is truly original from a clothing brand standpoint. I can draw my own version of a superhero dressed like a bat, but that doesn't exactly make it an original concept. My advice would be to take a step back and develop some branding first. Then go back and work with some designs and bring some continuity to the brand and designs.

And yeah I know it's pixelated a bit.
You need to clip your art a little better or save them with a transparent background. It's hard to tell without knowing how you are setting up your comps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like 5,12,83,73,58 is my fav,45,18, and a few others. I think you'll do just fine. When starting an online store or your own line of shirts ect, you have to do your branding like they said though. I know that you want to rush into the shop and print all 105 designs and have your shirts cell like crazy, but that will not happen unless you take the proper steps. Great start to say the least and LEARN PHOTOSHOP haha. Keep us updated on your work!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do u guys mean about branding my stuff?

Oh and thanks for the conpliments :D

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Your branding is the concept/theme/style/image behind your clothing company. Ultimately, your branding will be how the consumer market perceives your company. You can choose to just sell random t-shirt designs if that's what you want. But since you seem to value your artistic side, I'm guessing that's not really what you want.

For instance, Hollister is all about the SoCal lifestyle. There is even a whole elaborate fictitious story behind the brand. Abercrombie has done this for all of their brands, including Gilly Hicks and Ruehl. This branding is what attracts their customers. Everything from their advertising, marketing, merchandising, website, photography, in-store experience and ambiance are all based on their branding. Look at most successful brands, they all follow a continuous branding image... Affliction, Ed Hardy, Ralph Lauren Polo, Tommy Bahama, Under Armour, Johnny Cupcakes, etc.

Obviously, you probably don't have the budget to compete at that level. No one expects you to open a flagship store on 5th Avenue or advertise in major publications. But there are little things you can do to brand yourself, which is going to be the basis for a consumer choosing to buy your product over the many many other choices on the market.

You have a brand name and logo, diZZybomb designs. I actually think the name and logo are pretty cool. But then when looking at the designs, I don't see any connection at all. I see an owl, a necklace, a stoplight, a shoe, some lips, some eyes, a couple of ducks and a bunch of shapes. You've got everything but the partridge in a pear tree. It's just arbitrary items with arbitrary placements on t-shirts (this is probably what's contributing to the clip art comments). To me, they just lack substance. Yet, your brand name is appealing.

So moving forward... What is the inspiration behind your brand name? What does it mean? What should it mean to your consumer? What message are you trying to get across? Can you focus some designs based on that inspiration, meaning and message? Try to build some continuity between the brand and designs. Try to figure out your overall image and base an entire branded concept around it.

I hope this helps and makes sense.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kimura-mma said:
Your branding is the concept/theme/style/image behind your clothing company. Ultimately, your branding will be how the consumer market perceives your company. You can choose to just sell random t-shirt designs if that's what you want. But since you seem to value your artistic side, I'm guessing that's not really what you want.

For instance, Hollister is all about the SoCal lifestyle. There is even a whole elaborate fictitious story behind the brand. Abercrombie has done this for all of their brands, including Gilly Hicks and Ruehl. This branding is what attracts their customers. Everything from their advertising, marketing, merchandising, website, photography, in-store experience and ambiance are all based on their branding. Look at most successful brands, they all follow a continuous branding image... Affliction, Ed Hardy, Ralph Lauren Polo, Tommy Bahama, Under Armour, Johnny Cupcakes, etc.

Obviously, you probably don't have the budget to compete at that level. No one expects you to open a flagship store on 5th Avenue or advertise in major publications. But there are little things you can do to brand yourself, which is going to be the basis for a consumer choosing to buy your product over the many many other choices on the market.

You have a brand name and logo, diZZybomb designs. I actually think the name and logo are pretty cool. But then when looking at the designs, I don't see any connection at all. I see an owl, a necklace, a stoplight, a shoe, some lips, some eyes, a couple of ducks and a bunch of shapes. You've got everything but the partridge in a pear tree. It's just arbitrary items with arbitrary placements on t-shirts (this is probably what's contributing to the clip art comments). To me, they just lack substance. Yet, your brand name is appealing.

So moving forward... What is the inspiration behind your brand name? What does it mean? What should it mean to your consumer? What message are you trying to get across? Can you focus some designs based on that inspiration, meaning and message? Try to build some continuity between the brand and designs. Try to figure out your overall image and base an entire branded concept around it.

I hope this helps and makes sense.
Wow kimura that was a kicka$$ response!

Ok so first, I want to make it clear that I put up the designs to see which r most popular and to see if anyone even likes them or thinks they will sell. And I know the "photoshoppyness" isn't 100% great, but right now in the beginning stages of all this chaos, it's simply an idea slapped on a tshirt mock up to even see if it looks good. Its all about the "idea" right now. ALSO! I would like to say that each design does belong in it's own specific catagory. There's about 6 overall.

So, when listed/grouped on a website made for selling the shirts (which I hope to get soon), each group will be shown with the name that specifies what those designs r all about- ie. Pop art collection, Wordy collection, Optic collection etc. The collection name will represent what the designs r about.

Ok now for the brand name! So when I thought of dizzybomb designs (and what kind of designs I'd be making) I thought of an explosion (bomb) of artwork. Or like a big dizzy explosion of art and inspiration. I want my brand to appeal to the geeky artists, skaters, and mostly 15-25 year olds.

So it's basically about celebrating art and creativity, fun, energetic, interesting and sometimes weird designs. For someone like me who sees a weird, colorful design on a shirt and says hey, that's different, and I want to be different! I'll buy it!

For someone who wants to stand out, dizzybomb is what it's all about.

-holy crap I should make that my motto or something LOL!

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Well, I still feel the same way about it. But I can't keep beating a dead horse.

Maybe the branding will make more sense when your site is up and the designs are in categories. Maybe the products will look better as printed shirts, not just mock ups.

I don't know. But it's your brand. You need to be happy with it. You seem to have answers for all my suggestions. So what more can I say?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah, it will TOTALLY look better when everything is on a real site! It will make more sense for sure. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DCans said:
Your myspace page is gone???
Uhhh... Just checked it. Still there. Maybe u need to wait a sec so everything can load?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts