T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a bunch of Nylon windbreakers/coaches jackets that I have to put lettering on the back and sleeves, I spoke to Stahls' and they reccomend Gorilla Grip for this, I have received the cut material, but due to some issues I have encountered in the past I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with it staying attached? It seems if I keep it under longer the gorilla grip gets attached to transfer sheet, if I do a quick press and cold peel then it seems to not come off well and sometimes even rips as I am separating it, then after all that I re-press and some if it seems to come off after washing.

Any insight on this guys?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
When using this product its very important to be cutting at the correct blade depth & pressure on your cutter. If you are having trouble peeling away the mylar backing, chances are that you are cutting to deep. Also keep in mind that this product can be applied with very little pressure, pretty much the weight of the platen. Apply it for 3 seconds at 320 degrees with a light pressure. Be sure to peel backing, when it is completely cooled down. Then cover with a teflon sheet and hit for another 8-10 seconds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help Josh, I'll make sure to let everyone know how this works out, some other people in the business have told me it's a little finicky but it's not as difficult to do as I have made it! Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
... working with NyLON type fabrics, i try some samples to get the best apply/setting since Nylon is a heat sensitive fabric that reacts to heat in a different way... so as mentioned, lower heat is wise. :D

As for making transfers to apply on Nylon, All you need is the proper adhesive on the back side of the transfer for it to work on Nylon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just had an order for 25 jerseys to be pressed with Gorilla Grip. Took me just as long as 120 thermo film jerseys:confused:

Never again. Im sure Thermo film/Express print would have done the trick just fine

The cooling stage was the most time consuming after you tack it, it really needs to be completely cooled off. Not even warm or itll stick to the cartridge (w/e the papers called it come on:)

Advise for next time, I will refuse to use this again...:rolleyes:

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts