T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Jared:

1. Build VALUABLE content to increase the scope of your website and get more pages indexed with the different search engines.

2. Submit you site to every free t-shirt / clothing directory you can possible find.

3. Pay for at least 3 high quality links.

4. Write t-shirt related articles and submit them to content syndications such as ezinearticles.com

5. Try a press release or two to build backlinks.

6. Write VALUABLE posts on forums such as this - (Change your sig url to include your targeted keywords, a bunch of madhousetess.com links out there will not help you increase in organic search 't-shirt' rankings)

7. Submit your site to www.dmoz.com

8. Try reciprocal linking - google is de-valuing such links, but they will still help.

9. Spend 30 minutes everyday doing these things.

10. Be VERY Patient, it could take months.

· Registered
64 Posts
Rodney said:
I wouldn't necessarily agree that you should "buy" three quality links to build your ranking in Google.

Rondey,

I'm going to risk pissing off the puppet master and call BS on this one :)

I noticed that you're in the yahoo directory for T-shirt Coutdown. You probably were listed in there before they started charging $300 - Lucky you. I'm assuming you agree with me in that this is a high quality link that has secured you backlinks, slightly improved your PR, added direct traffic to your site, etc. etc. However, new websites will never get this link without paying. While personal truths are not necessarily valid for everyone....all I can say is that this "paid link" has secured our website numerous non-reciprocal backlicks (which is what google is supposedly prioritizing now) and was WELL worth the $299.

(generally speaking) New sites that are looking to build traffic quickly will have to allocate some significant resources (time and/or money) to a link building / SEO campaign. A paid link into Yahoo directory and other select paid links should certainly be a component of such seo efforts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.