T-Shirt Forums banner

good tranfer paper for dark graments

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  kpk703 
#1 ·
Hello,
What is the best type of tranfer paper to use on a (rabitt) plotter/cutter for pressing white (mostly text) graphics on dark garments?...that will show well, and have good stretch qualities?

I will be buying a rabit plotter along with transfer paper.....Anyother things/items that I should be looking for in these pruchases?

Thanks in advance,

#2 ·
Why do you need transfer paper to press white on dark garments? Go with a vinyl...it lasts for ever, is totally opaque, almost impossible to detect on the garment and extremely easy to apply, especially since you're buying a cutter. I use both Siser EasyWeed and Thermoflex Plus. Do a search on the forums for heat applied vinyl.

#4 ·
If you are getting a cutter and only want to do white, I would definately go with a vinyl. The problem with the transfer papers is even though they look white, they are a kind of off white, where as the vinyl is very bright white. You can definately tell the difference between the 2 color wise. I use the eco film from imprintables and its really nice and soft.

#5 ·
A standard Konica 2400W with stock ink uses the Forever line of paper. I find the transfer to be of good quality and easy to remove from the carrier paper when cut. It also has a good washability. The paper is available from Conde.

#6 ·
Hello all, thanks for the responses,
Yes I was mixed up, I thought vinyl and transfer paper were the same thing. I understand now that the transfer paper is used to print on, then press that onto the shirt, as with the vinyl; the graphic that you want to press is cut out.
So yes in retro spec what I was asking is what is a good VINYL to use for cutting out mostly white text to press on black garments. Also what is a good black vinyl for printing on light garments - that won't crack etc...

Thanks again,
Webo

#7 ·
Hello all, thanks for the responses,
Yes I was mixed up, I thought vinyl and transfer paper were the same thing. I understand now that the transfer paper is used to print on, then press that onto the shirt, as with the vinyl; the graphic that you want to press is cut out.
So yes in retro spec what I was asking is what is a good VINYL to use for cutting out mostly white text to press on black garments. Also what is a good black vinyl for printing on light garments - that won't crack etc...

Thanks again,
Webo
Lots of good vinyl out there...Imprintables and Specialty Graphics both (amongst many, many more) carry Siser, Eco Film, Thermoflex. Used them all in white, black and many other colors with no problem. Can you crack vinyl, yes, but almost impossible with a good vinyl. I've never had a problem when using on a t-shirt. There have been a couple times I've run into problems with very fine lettering on spandex (the adhesive is stronger than the sheer vinyl.) You'll be very surprised at the minimal hand you'll find with these products. My customers often comment they can't believe it's a vinyl...and I reply, it's not, it's urethane!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.