T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am currently looking into putting a few of my drawings onto t-shirts, just to see what other people think of them. I plan to hand draw some line drawings using drawing fluid and create the screen that way. Before I pay out for expensive equipment I want to do one ore two practice screens. I have seen a pretty cheap Speedball t-shirt printing hobby kit available online and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Is this a good purchase for someone who's looking to get a feel for screen printing?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I've looked at a few different types of speedball kits, and the ones I looked at were okay but a bit crappy (things were a little flimsy). You could try using one of those (it's still a reasonable place to start), or you could get a list of what's in them and buy better quality equivalents from a screen print supply shop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Lewis. I'm not too bothered about the contents being a bit on the flimsy side. I'm pretty sure that my first attempt will probably be pretty lame and isn't going to be something I'll want to use over and over again. lol.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
PunkBoy said:
I'm not too bothered about the contents being a bit on the flimsy side.
In that case the kit would be a nice and easy way to start. Better (and more expensive) equipment is both easier to use and gives better results (as you'd expect), but even a simple kit will allow you to get a feel for it. I've seen good prints done with a home kit, so it's not a waste of time and/or money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts