T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been searching via the google function but really have not seen much in the way of a good starter press.

So at first i am going to dabble with this from home, making shirts for some car clubs and family events and so forth. I hope to move on to doing more with it but dont ever see it becoming more than a hobby/home business as i work in the IT field.

I am looking for a starter press. The research I have done it seems the issue with cheap presses is that the heat is not even on the platen. I would like to stay at or under 500 for my first press. I would also like it to be a 15x15 press. Hotronix seems like a go to brand but i have not had much luck finding any of there stuff used.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good press around that price range or a place to find good used presses. I have not had much luck on ebay

·
Registered
17 Posts
After weeks of researching I came down to either the SunIE 16x20 press and the pro world 16x20 press. Pro world was 50$ more expensive, but they have a lot better customer service, so I feel like that justifies the price difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I actually just posted a review on another thread in this forum.

I've been looking and researching heat presses since before Christmas and I did have a Sunie in mind, but decided to go with another company.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Any heat press that is less than $1,000 is only going to last about a year under average use. Buy a George McKnight or a Hot tronics
Not sure where you got that information but it is far from reality. There are many models (including Hotronix, Hix, and George Knight) under $1000 that will provide satisfactory service for many years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.